Controls Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Sidney, OH, United States|
Emerson Automation Solutions is a leader in helping process and discrete manufacturers automate and optimize production processes through our best-in-class technologies and industry expertise.
The company is hiring a Controls Engineer who will support manufacturing processes in order to achieve safety, quality, productivity, and cost objectives.
The role is an integral part of continuous improvement projects and interfaces with employees at all levels of the organization.
This position will assist and lead projects such as new product introductions, procurement of new equipment, financial justification, process improvements, troubleshooting equipment, and assisting the maintenance staff.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering (Preferred), Welding Engineering, Mechanical/ Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering Technology, or a similar degree from a college or university.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 1 year of experience (co-op experience will be considered) or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a manufacturing engineering or automation environment.
- 5 or more years of relevant experience in a manufacturing engineering environment
- Experience with GMAW, GTAW, ERW, brazing, fabrication, pressing, material handling, and complex product proliferation
- IT Experience
- Proficient in 3D design
- Comply with all required safety and regulatory requirements
- Conceptualize and develop process improvements and cost reductions
- Develop documentation for use by operators and maintenance technicians to perform their duties and assist them in troubleshooting
- Manage projects from concept and design through capital appropriation requests to qualification within project schedule and budget
- Read and understand mechanical drawings, 2D/3D as well as electrical and hydraulic drawings
- Self-initiate corrective actions for quality concerns based on effective problem-solving skills and develop temporary and permanent solutions to manufacturing issues
- Support all controls functions including PLC, HMI, and all electrical components
- Support and maintain PED, UL, and CE certification
- Support Automation which includes robotics, servo, and laser etch/cutting processes
- Utilize automation and lean manufacturing principles to reduce cycle time and waste elimination
- Be Proficient in both verbal and computer skills to effectively communicate to plant personnel, Engineering, Project Planning, and external suppliers
- Flexibility to support a 2-shift operation (1st/2nd shift)
- Competent in reading hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical prints
- Competent with using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint, AutoCAD, and/or 3D design (Inventor, SolidWorks, or NX)
- Legal work authorization in the United States – Sponsorship will not be provided for this role
- Motivated self-starter and team player with excellent communication skills
- PLC/HMI programming and troubleshooting experience
- Robot programming and troubleshooting
- Servo programming and troubleshooting
- The company offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401k participation with a competitive immediate match, fitness center, tuition reimbursement, parental leave, and an online wellness rewards program.
- Immediate vacation and holiday leave are available, including a shutdown from December 24 through New Year’s Day.
- Employee resource groups, including a very active Diversity and Inclusion committee, ensure that the Emerson values are incorporated into everyday employee life.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit hdjq.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.