Copper Fabricator/Operator Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (1st shift)|
|Location||Fayetteville, SC, United States|
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably.
The company is looking for a Fabricator Operator who can fabricate and modify copper or aluminum buses, and modify or add cutouts to doors and covers, work with and maintain the area schedule, and make modifications if necessary, to maintain a constant and orderly flow of work.
- The applicants should have completed a High School Diploma or Equivalent from an accredited institution/welding school.
- The candidates should have some work experience in the related field; preferred.
- Determine the quality of work by reporting problems to the Area Supervisor or Quality Control personnel and maintain a piece count and associated records where applicable.
- Fabricate or modify and assemble braces, spacers, barriers, and supports for copper or aluminum as required.
- Maintain records as required. This includes maintaining a library of reference sketches and feeding this information to engineers and the area supervisor to correct, update, or make standardized drawings.
- Make contact Engineering Dept. when an engineering problem arises, as directed by the area supervisor.
- Monitor area supply bins to ensure adequate hardware and parts supply, and to alert the area supervisor or designated person if there is a pending problem.
- Operate fabricating equipment such as shear, punch, bender, and nibbler to make or modify all types of bus connectors, risers, taps, mains, etc.
- Set up and operate nibbler/punch press to modify or add cutouts and holes to doors, covers, etc.
- Utilize electric trucks and cranes to move material and product as well as assemble, tape, or sleeve if required or necessary.
- Utilize manufacturing information sheets, determine necessary parts, write requisitions and work with KanBan attendant to obtain materials from stock areas.
- Work from oral and/or written instructions coming from supervisors and/or prints, sketches, and manufacturing information sheets.
- Should be able to understand and read wiring diagrams
- Should have sufficient knowledge of the operation of machines required to fabricate metal parts with an ability to make sketches of bus bar assemblies as needed from the actual assemblies on the floor
Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.