Corrosion Technician (CP2) Job Highlights
|Title||Corrosion Technician – CP2|
|Location||Pittsburgh, PA, United States|
MATCOR is a leading cathodic protection and corrosion prevention company providing materials and services to global clients. It specializes in protecting the infrastructure of the oil and gas, electric utility, transportation, and water industries.
The company is seeking a Corrosion Technician who will perform duties involved with the installation, testing, and evaluation of cathodic protection systems.
They also evaluate corrosion on various structures and work with clients to assess and achieve objectives related to customer projects, needs, and specifications.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma (required)
- NACE/CP certification (required)
- Associates Degree Program (preferred)
- Work experience is not mentioned, yet having it will be a plus.
- Adhere to client and MATCOR safety requirements.
- Attach cables to structure via thermite welding.
- Be familiar with common computer applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Identify and recommend corrective actions based on survey results.
- Install cathodic protection systems, reference electrodes, junction boxes, cables, and rectifiers.
- Install, configure, and remove rectifier interrupters.
- Manage client expectations within scope.
- Monitor subcontractor performance, resolving installation issues and conflicts.
- Operate electronic pipe locators, including PCM.
- Perform cathodic protection potential surveys.
- Perform close interval, DCVG, and ACVG surveys.
- Test, troubleshoot, and repair cathodic protection rectifiers.
- Work alone or with crews ranging from 2-6 full or part-time employees
- Attendance and communication
- Good decision-making capabilities
- Knowledge of cathodic protection systems operation and installation
- Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English with co-workers, supervisors, internal and external customers
- Must be available as needed to work at the assigned job site and may include weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work in extreme temperature conditions.
- Frequent standing and walking are required throughout the day.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pushing, pulling, reaching, and twisting are required.
- May be required to lift and pull up to 50 pounds and must be physically capable of performing manual tasks without restriction.
- Occasional climbing is required.
- Occasional computer-related activities, such as typing and viewing a computer monitor are required.
- Required to drive/travel to project and client sites.
MATCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit matcor.applicantpro.com.