Counter Parts Sales Rep Job Highlights
|Counter Parts Sales Rep
|Watertown, NY, United States
FleetPride is the largest after-market distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in the United States. The company serves a diverse customer base across multiple industries, including freight and shipping, leasing services, agriculture, food and beverage, construction, and waste management.
The company is hiring a Counter Parts Sales Rep who will provide service to customers by phone or in person through sales of heavy-duty parts in accordance with identified customer needs and availability of parts.
- High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in sales and sales of heavy-duty automotive parts (preferred)
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, and product features.
- Determine sales price for customers for each sale in accordance with company procedure.
- Ensure that the counter parts area is clean and in order. Ensure that display areas encourage sales.
- Handle warranty or defective parts for customers in accordance with company procedure.
- Help determine and obtain heavy-duty parts for customers as requested by phone or in person. Suggest sale of related parts for full service.
- Locate and obtain ordered parts for customers from the central warehouse or branch.
- Maintain confidentiality of pricing lists and structures as required by company procedure.
- Process approved credits for customers when merchandise is returned.
- Provide customers with current product catalogs.
- Special order parts on an emergency basis when necessary and appropriate.
- Utilize non-selling, non-servicing time by studying catalogs, and reviewing price sheets, bulletins, changes, additions, and deletions.
- Write up approved charge sale in accordance with company procedure
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are communicating; taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Communicating: Conveying information to others in an effective manner
- Intermediate knowledge level of Windows XP (excel, word, and outlook)
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior
- Service orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people
- Time management: Managing one’s time and the time of others
- Inside/outside conditions
- Varied temperature changes
- Minimal chemical hazards
- Vehicle noise
- Lifting up to 50 pounds, squatting, bending, climbing ladders/stairs, reaching above/below shoulders, walking, twisting, sitting, standing, carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Competitive pay with regular reviews
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
- Life and AD&D insurance plans
- Multiple 401(k) plan options
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Telehealth option
- Wellness and work-life programs
FleetPride is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit fleetpride.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.