Counter Sales Associate Job Highlights
|Title||Counter Sales Associate|
|Location||Benton Harbor, MI, United States|
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading supplier of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, hard goods/related products, safety products, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
The company is searching for a Counter Sales Associate who will sell medical, industrial/specialty gases, welding equipment, and hard goods and tools to customers.
The Counter Sales Associate responds to inquiries or concerns from either walk-in customers or those customers that call in as well as provides additional warehouse support as needed.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of the previous product, warehouse, or sales-related experience or training (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Accurately completes and files all required paperwork on a timely basis. Documents sales, quotes or other information.
- Enters sales and quote data into the computer and researches information for customers using the computer system.
- Maintains showroom cleanliness by procedures set forth by management.
- Receives payment for merchandise or services sold and enters sale into the computer. Responsible for payments received and adhering to all administrative and accounting-related procedures.
- Restocks store merchandise as needed. Arranges stock on shelves or racks in the sales area and keeps merchandise in order. Marks or tickets merchandise.
- Solicits sales from walk-in and telephone call-in customers assisting customers with identification of product needs and locating merchandise.
- Employees may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Google or MS Office Applications.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position’s responsibilities.
- Strong background in gas, welding, and safety supply industry with retail experience, a plus.
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit airgas.taleo.net.