Counter Sales Associate Job Highlights
|Counter Sales Associate
|Philadelphia, PA, United States
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading supplier of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, hard goods/related products, safety products, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
The company is seeking a Counter Sales Associate who will sell medical, industrial, and specialty gases, welding equipment and hard goods and tools.
Responds to inquiries or concerns from either walk-in customers or those customers that call in.
Provides additional warehouse support as needed.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (required)
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Welding Technology or Sales (preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years of previous product, warehouse, or sales-related experience or training (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Prior experience operating a forklift (preferred)
- Prior welding experience preferred such as knowledge in Mig, Tig, and Stick Welding (preferred)
- SAP experience (strongly preferred)
- Strong background in gas, welding, and safety supply industry with retail experience (preferred)
- Accurately completes and files all required paperwork on a timely basis. Documents sales, quotes, or other information.
- Enters sales and quote data into the computer and researches information for customers using the computer system.
- Follows all safety procedures. Uses established safety procedures for cylinder handling during exchanges and storage of cylinders.
- Maintains current price documentation and product literature as it becomes available. Keeps product knowledge current.
- Maintains showroom cleanliness by procedures set forth by management.
- Provides warehouse support for shipping and receiving, inventory stocking, cleaning, labeling, or other tasks. Restocks store merchandise as needed. Arrange stock on shelves or racks in the sales area and keep merchandise in order. Marks or tickets merchandise.
- Receives payment for merchandise or services sold and enters sale into the computer. Responsible for payments received and adhering to all administrative and accounting-related procedures. Wraps and bags purchase and help customers load merchandise into their vehicles.
- Solicits sales from walk-in and telephone call-in customers assisting customers with identification of product needs and locating merchandise.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Always have the medication you need with a prescription drug plan
- Auto, home, and personal property insurance options
- Basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Basic long-term disability insurance
- Choose between 5 medical plan options
- Competitive salaries
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Keep tabs on your eye health with our vision care plan
- Leadership development courses
- On-site training programs
- Optional spouse and dependent life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Scholarship programs
- Select from two valuable dental plan options
- Short-term disability coverage
- Worker’s compensation insurance
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit airliquidehr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.