Counter Sales Associate Job Highlights
|Counter Sales Associate
|Full Time (1st shift)
|Stoughton, MA, United States
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading supplier of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, hard goods/related products, safety products, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
The company is hiring a Counter Sales Associate who will provide individual support services for all phases of the order fulfillment process to Airgas customers primarily over the telephone both locally and for remote locations in a region.
Promotes long-term customer relationships and provides superior customer service through support to include sales, order entry, negotiation of pricing, master file maintenance, and problem resolution, expediting and product research with vendors, and coordination with internal departments including field sales
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (required)
- Prior welding experience preferred such as knowledge in Mig, Tig, and Stick welding (preferred)
- SAP experience strongly (preferred)
- Prior experience operating a forklift (preferred)
- Strong background in gas, welding, and safety supply industry with retail experience (preferred)
- Maintains a high level of customer service by assisting customers via telephone, email, fax, or in person facilitating all phases of order fulfillment for industrial, medical, and specialty gases as well as welding and safety equipment, power and handle tools, and other products/supplies-
- Answers and responds to incoming telephone inquiries from our customers.
- Facilitates sales taking customer orders and serving as the accountable party to Airgas customers.
- Demonstrates full knowledge of all order entry, data research, and other order entry/resolution necessary to service customers-
- Data entry for sales and sales-related processes including new account set-up and maintenance of existing customer accounts.
- Provides data entry and maintenance of customer contact pricing.
- Ensures customer inquiries related to billing problems, cylinder balances, order status, time of delivery, etc., are promptly and courteously handled providing follow-up as necessary-
- Provides research of products with vendors, including price and availability.
- Provides research and resolves conflicts related to the order delivery cycle.
- Researches and reviews customer account balances, invoices, and leases.
- Interfaces with sales, customers, branches, and other operating areas to provide timely and accurate communication regarding capabilities, delivery, and various other operating requirements-
- Interacts with other internal departments to coordinate deliveries and customer satisfaction.
- Provides warehouse support for shipping and receiving, inventory stocking, cleaning, labeling, or other tasks. Restocks store merchandise as needed. Arrange stock on shelves or racks in the sales area and keep merchandise in order. Marks or tickets merchandise.
- Follows all safety procedures. Uses established safety procedures for cylinder handling during exchanges and storage of cylinders.
- Maintains showroom cleanliness by procedures set forth by management.
- Maintains current price documentation and product literature as it becomes available. Keeps product knowledge current.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner to explain information to customers and employees.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, and procedures that apply to this position’s responsibilities.
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Auto, home, and personal property insurance options
- Basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Basic long-term disability insurance
- Choose between 5 medical plan options
- Competitive salaries
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Keep tabs on your eye health with our vision care plan
- Leadership development courses
- On-site training programs
- Optional spouse and dependent life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Scholarship programs
- Select from two valuable dental plan options
- Short-term disability coverage
- Worker’s compensation insurance
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit airliquidehr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.