Website BAE Systems
Craft Supervisor I – Weld Shop Job Highlights
|Title||Craft Supervisor I – Weld Shop|
|Location||Norfolk, VA, United States|
BAE Systems is an international defense, aerospace, and security company. It delivers a full range of products and services for air, land, and naval forces. It also provides advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions, and customer support services.
The company is looking for a Supervisor in our Weld Shop to join our teams working aboard ship vessels and in the shop. As part of our ship repair division, you can help us ensure the integrity and reliability of some of our most important products.
Note: Candidates selected for this position are expected to work the time required to accomplish the responsibilities of this position (more than 40 hours including weekends). This position is eligible for Extended Work Time Compensation (EWTC) for hours worked in excess of 45 weekly.
- The aspiring applicants should have passed a High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent qualification from a welding school.
Note: Apprentice Graduate is preferred
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the trade.
- Allocating personnel and resources to efficiently support all contracts (including shift work).
- Be responsible for assigning and monitoring the completion of work, as well as providing technical assistance, and generally managing the workforce within the shop.
- Ensure that the requirements of the labor agreement are satisfied.
- Develop or reviewing project schedules and budgets during the planning phase.
- Ensure that employees understand and adhere to company policies.
- Monitor and evaluate project budget performance, including review of ongoing and upcoming projects, development of productivity enhancements, and investigation of over-budget items.
- Oversee and monitor schedule performance, including review of ongoing and upcoming projects, investigation of late activities, project supervision, and the development of practical solutions.
- Oversee daily work in your assigned shop.
- Perform personnel-related functions including, but not limited to, the supervision of employees, performance management, workforce reductions, promotions, demotions, and discipline.
- Train and motivate employees in the areas of technical knowledge, safety, environment, and communication.
- Work in a variety of shifts as required.
- Must be able to wear appropriate protective gear.
- Must be able to physically perform essential job duties with or without accommodations.
- Must be able to work at heights, in confined spaces and have the ability to climb staircases and ladders of varying sizes
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in the relevant trade.
- Ability to use discretion and judgment in making operations and personnel decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, schedule, supervise, and direct the work of other employees in the relevant trade or industry.
- Proficient computer skills required including experience with Microsoft Office programs and similar software.
BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.baesystems.com.