Website The Timken Company
Crane Fabricator/Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Broomfield, CO, United States|
|Company||The Timken Company|
The Timken Company is a global industrial leader with a growing portfolio of engineered bearings and power transmission solutions. The company specializes in power transmission, friction management, bearings, rail, consumer, automotive, aerospace, construction, defense, energy, industrial equipment, health, machine tool, heavy industry, positioning control, and power generation.
This position reports to the Manufacturing Supervisor.
- The applicants should have a High School Degree (required)
- Associate Degree or Trade School Certificate in Welding (preferred)
- The candidates should have 2 years of work experience with similar types of equipment in a manufacturing environment (preferred)
- Able to read and understand blueprints with dimensions and tolerancing.
- Able to work in a shop environment using overhead cranes, and various shop tools consistent with steel fabrication (shear, saws, punches, drill press, etc.).
- Able to work safely around moving machinery.
- Able to lay out, cut, fit, and weld with minimal supervision.
- AWS (D.1.1, D14.1 a plus) certified in MIG/FCAW and SMAW/stick, all welding positions; TIG aluminum a plus.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Overtime/weekends are sometimes required.
- Able and willing to follow directions and work independently
- Basic math skills
- Has a good set of basic tools as required for welder/fitter position
- Maintains a positive attitude, is a team player, and works well with others in a shop environment
- Strong mechanical skills
Essential Functions/Work Environment
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment usually ranges from moderate to loud.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use both hands, fingers, and arms to handle, feel, and/or reach, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk, and hear at conversation level.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), extreme cold, and extreme heat (non-weather and outdoor weather) conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to operate powered equipment and wear protective equipment such as hearing, vision, and safety shoes.
This position is eligible to participate in the company’s short-term incentive program, paid time off plan, 401k, and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision.
Timken is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences, and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.timken.com.