Website Eastern Shipbuilding Group
Crane Operator 1/C Job Highlights
|Title||Crane Operator 1/C|
|Location||Panama City, FL, United States|
|Company||Eastern Shipbuilding Group|
Eastern Shipbuilding Group (ESG) is a leading innovator in marine construction and repair. The company builds world-class vessels for national defense and commercial clients, including the USCG’s Heritage Class Offshore Patrol Cutters.
The company is recruiting a Crane Operator 1/C who will lift and move materials, machines, or products in many directions.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Possess 3 to 5 years of experience in the operation of a variety of heavy equipment (desired)
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Requires knowledge of and ship terminology, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Requires strong knowledge of rigging.
- Inspect cables and grappling devices for wear and tear and defects.
- Inspects and adjusts crane mechanisms and accessory equipment to prevent malfunctions and wear.
- Operate and provide care and maintenance for cranes including 45 to 80-ton hydraulic cranes and for 175 to 600-ton crawler cranes.
- Perform multi-crane lifts and operations, and pick-and-carry operations.
- Regular attendance at work and the ability to work flexible hours, including overtime, weekends, and holidays.
- Understand and utilize crane load charts and Load Moment Indicator (LMI) systems.
- Work with hand signals from Universal Standard Signal Chart.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to read and comprehend written, oral, or diagram forms or plans.
- Ability to read and understand load charts.
- Knowledge of the safe operation and use of hand and power tools.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to work above ground at heights of a minimum of 50 feet aloft or working from scaffolding or man-lifts while working with machinery; in confined spaces and withstand extreme heat and cold in an outside climate or confined space.
- Must be physically and medically qualified to wear all required personal protective equipment, as prescribed under Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards
- Must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Regularly required to communicate
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing throughout the workday
- Rigorous compliance with safety procedures, policies, and personal safety equipment requirements is therefore mandatory.
- May be exposed to the risk of electrical shock, moving mechanical parts, vibration, fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, continual loud noise, and other hazards found in a heavy industrial shipyard environment.
- Integrity, ethics, flexibility/adaptability, initiative, interpersonal skills, attention to detail, safety-conscious, and multi-tasking.
- Maintain the confidential integrity of details pertaining to Eastern Shipbuilding Group.
- The company offers competitive wages, bonuses, and full benefits including a 401(k)-retirement plan, to help our employees save for retirement and enjoy a lifelong career.
Eastern Shipbuilding Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit easternshipbuilding.hua.hrsmart.com.