Website Chart Industries
Crane Operator Job Highlights
|Location||Richburg, SC, United States|
Chart Industries, focuses on the design of cryogenic equipment and manufactures highly engineered equipment servicing multiple applications in Energy and Industrial Gas.
The company is hiring a Crane Operator who will play an important role in moving finished goods out of the production facility, moving tanks into the facility for rehab and repair, unloading incoming goods in the yard for repair, and loading completed goods for transport off-site.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Certified Crane Operator
- Possess previous experience in a manufacturing or industrial construction environment
- Previous crane operation experience
- Conduct all necessary inspections on the crane and crane equipment to assure the operability and proper operations of all safety devices.
- Maintain hands-on necessary switch to allow for stopping quickly in case of an emergency
- Assure that other personnel working with the crane operator fully understand hand signals or similar instructions before starting crane operations.
- Operate forklifts and Yard Mule to relocate equipment as necessary.
- Observe and practice all safety procedures and policies, taking special precautions when moving objects over occupied areas.
- Perform Incoming Equipment Inspections for all incoming equipment by taking photographs, and instrument readings, and updating the Tank Location log
- Assist with manufacturing operations as necessary when not performing primary duties. For example Oxygen cleaning, Cycle counting, pipefitting, etc.
- Practice good housekeeping habits in the shop and equipment cabs.
- Perform crane operations such as-
-Position crane boom overloads to be moved
-Perform or assist with the rigging of the load to be moved
-Move material during assembly operations if needed
-Place goods in designated locations
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisors.
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs., occasional heavier lifting.
- Frequent pushing, pulling, and handling of materials.
- Required to wear all necessary PPE
- Require frequent standing, sitting, walking, bending, stooping, twisting, crawling, climbing, and working at elevated heights.
- There will be time spent on the production floor and outside of the facility which will require the ability to be exposed to loud noises, temperature extremes, overhead objects, welding fumes, and possible exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- Flexible medical, vision, and dental plans
- 24/7 access to telephone doctors
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Leaves of absence (family medical, bereavement, personal, sabbatical)
- Remote work options
- Financial planning services
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase plans
- Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Spending Account (HSA)
Chart Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.chartindustries.com.