Website Fluor Corporation
CWB Level II Inspector Job Highlights
|Title||CWB Level II Inspector|
|Location||Kitimat, BC, Canada|
Fluor Corporation is a global engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, and maintenance company.
The company is looking to hire an Inspector II who will provide supervisory services to support the site quality program on projects, typically overseeing quality control activities for multiple disciplines, multiple areas/multiple shifts including larger or more complex scopes of work.
This position may be under the direct supervision of the Site Quality Manager or, on smaller projects, the individual may be required to perform the duties of a Site Quality Manager.
The purpose of this position is to perform the essential job duties and functions listed below with the overall objective of providing our clients and Fluor with projects that comply with the quality requirements stipulated in our prime contracts.
- The applicants should be a Level 2 CWB Welding Inspector with a visual test
- NACE Certification
- Possess at least 5 years of project experience
- Welding inspection experience
- Closure weld experience is an asset
- Coordinate subcontractor welding activities with other site activities
- CSA W59
- Ensure implementation of a welder/welding operator qualification program and submittal of welder qualification records prior to the start of work
- Ensure that welding and PWHT documentation is processed in accordance with the subcontractor’s procedures, Quality System program requirements, and applicable specifications and codes
- Monitor subcontractor activities, including weld joint fit-up, production welding, PWHT, and NDE operations to ensure conformance to applicable requirements
- Monitor the subcontractor’s NDE operations for conformance to approved procedures
- Perform independent inspections and verifications, as required. to ensure subcontractor compliance with applicable requirements
- Piping experience including walk-downs and punching
- Prepare reports, as necessary, to document monitoring/inspection/overview activities.
- Provide oversight/inspection of coatings activities including verification of surface profile, environmental conditions, material mixing, material application, dry film thickness (DFT), and curing
- Review subcontractor NDE reports and RT film interpretations, as applicable, for acceptance
- Review subcontractor’s NDE and PWHT procedures and personnel qualifications prior to the subcontractor performing the associated work
- Determine the need for inspection tools and equipment and establishes proper calibration parameters for these items
- Develop site-specific quality procedures as necessary to support the project
- Must be able to work a 2-1 rotation and be OK with flying in/out. Preference for inspectors who live near current flight hubs: Edmonton/Calgary, Kelowna/Vancouver/Nanaimo
- Perform a physical inspection of a variety of discipline activities which may include but are not limited to: welding, piping, civil, concrete, buildings, fixed and rotating equipment, electrical, control systems, coatings, insulation, and non-destructive testing
- Require the individual to be physically capable of climbing ladders, and stairs plus walking long distances at all times
- Ability to work well with others
- Intermediate or expert computer and software skills include the use of word processing and email as well as the basic or intermediate use of spreadsheets and electronic presentations
- Oral and written communication skills
- Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Fluor Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.