Website CME Associates
CWI Certified Welding Inspector Job Highlights
|Title||CWI Certified Welding Inspector|
|Location||East Syracuse, NY, United States|
CME is an engineering technology corporation that provides construction materials evaluation and technical support services to owners and professionals engaged in the design, construction, and maintenance of buildings and infrastructure.
The company is looking for a CWI who can inspect and document that welds have been produced and implemented as required by all contract documents. CWI performs work with outstanding attention to detail, reads and understands construction plans, accurately documents and reports collected information, and communicates effectively with clients.
- The prospective applicants must possess a Certified Welding Inspector Certification (AWS CWI) obtained from the American Welding Society.
- The candidates should have 2 to 5 years of experience in the welding industry.
- Compile and submit inspection reports, daily
- Interpret regulations, codes, and industry standards to apply to daily tests and inspections
- Perform internal and external inspections to determine if weldments and bolts meet the acceptance criteria of a specific code, standard, or document
- Perform other construction materials testing and inspection, when necessary
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Extensive knowledge of industry standards including AWS and ASTM required
- Level II – UT, MT, PT, VT experience and/or certification desired
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Working knowledge of NDT methodologies
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
CME offers competitive wages and benefits such as Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Health Savings Account, Supplemental Insurance Products, and Paid Time Off (including Holiday, Vacation, Sick, and Personal) for full-time employees.
CME Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.cmeassociates.com.