Website Accurus Aerospace
Deburr Operator Job Highlights
|Full Time (night shift)
|Athens, GA, United States
|Accurus Aerospace Corporation
Accurus Aerospace is a leading Tier II supplier of highly engineered machined parts, kits, assemblies, and processing services to the global aerospace and defense industry.
The company is looking for a Deburr Operator who will blend mismatches left behind from machining complex metallic parts along with other operations required by customer and industry specifications.
Performs a variety of operations to grind, refine, polish, and deburr surfaces of metal or synthetic.
Knife (edge break) parts in the form of castings, machined parts, and blanks.
Uses belt sanders, manual blast equipment, abrasive wheels, buffing wheels, and drill presses.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent (preferred)
- Possess work-related experience (a plus)
- Ability to correct some machining errors on parts.
- Ability to create a radius on areas of parts
- Ability to use carbide burr tools to remove excess material from parts without causing damage to parts.
- Blending of metals including steel, aluminum, magnesium, and titanium.
- Blending/smoothing areas of parts with the use of various tools (air grinder, belt sander, file, etc.).
- Inspects and replaces worn belts and grinding wheels.
- Knowledge of essential equipment needed to perform all tasks associated with deburring as well as maintaining equipment.
- Must be able to identify areas of parts that need blending.
- Must complete travelers/documents correctly.
- Selects the type of finish specified per work instruction, to determine the amount of metal to be removed and examines part for acceptability of finish.
- Visual inspection of parts required.
- Will safely use knives to create acceptable edge breaks on sharp areas of parts.
- Will use various power and manual tools to deburr holes with hand drills, and drill presses.
- Perform other duties as may be required.
- Basic math skills
- Handling of sharp blades or machined parts which can cause lacerations and punctures of the hands and fingers requires operators to wear gloves while handling sharp knives or parts.
- Maintain an acceptable level of cleanliness in the work area.
- Must be able to function within a team environment.
- Standard PPE is required for this position due to grinding, pressing, or basic assembly which could produce flying particles of metal, which can cause eye and skin injuries which may include safety glasses, dust masks, and ear protection devices.
- Follow all requirements; strive to maintain a safe work environment and report potential hazards to a designated person or supervisor.
- Long periods of sitting or standing.
- May be required to push, pull, lift, or carry up to 50 pounds. May lift up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Requests repetitive use of hands.
- Requires manual dexterity.
Accurus Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit recruitingbypaycor.com.