Delivery Driver (Class A) Job Highlights
|Title||Delivery Driver – Class A|
|Type||Full Time (1st shift)|
|Location||Peru, IL, United States|
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading supplier of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, hard goods/related products, safety products, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
The company is recruiting a Delivery Driver (Class A) who will be responsible for safely and efficiently delivering compressed gas cylinders to local and regional business customers from an Airgas branch or plant location using a company-provided tractor-trailer.
The position unloads, delivers, and returns compressed gas cylinders while frequently interacting with Airgas customers.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or equivalent (preferred)
- Must be 21 years old
- Must have 1 year of prior Class A professional driving experience within the last 5 years and a clean driving record to include no more than 2 convictions, OR 2 at-fault accidents in the last 3 years; OR no more than a combination of 1 conviction and 1 at-fault accident in the last 3 years
- In lieu of experience, may consider accepting a diploma from an accredited driving school or a combination of driving and prior Airgas-specific experience.
- Prior experience in the gas, welding, and safety supply industry (preferred)
- Delivers compressed gas cylinders to external and internal customer sites. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtain signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Collects empty cylinders or rejected or unsold merchandise. Returns empty cylinders to either a plant or branch location for refilling.
- Ensures all safety rules are strictly observed and any accidents or injuries are promptly reported to management.
- Establishes and maintains good customer relations. Listens to and helps resolve service inquiries and complaints.
- Maintains load manifests and all required vehicle documents ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries. Ensures that vehicle manifests, labeling and load are in compliance with regulatory guidelines such as those pertaining to the Department of Transportation (DOT), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Airgas safety standards (SAFECOR).
- Operates a pallet jack, forklift, and other warehouse equipment.
- Performs cylinder inspections per operating procedures.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections documenting deficiencies and ensuring all safety items are in good working order.
- Provides timely communication back to the manager or to the customer’s assigned Airgas sales associate regarding any changes or issues experienced by the customer.
- Safely loads, delivers, and unloads cylinders containing compressed gases to the customer’s place of business.
- The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Works in the warehouse or on the dock as needed.
- Ability to perform math functions and analysis as needed by the position.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift and other material handling equipment.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines. Must have high attention to detail.
- Basic PC knowledge including familiarity with onboard computers/telematics preferred. Ability to read and comprehend material data sheets.
- Excellent customer service skills. Ability to clearly and effectively speak to customers and employees as well as legibly write.
- Regularly required to transport and move 60 pounds with or without the use of a hand truck for distances up to 25 feet. For transporting any weight 25 feet or beyond, it requires the use of a hand truck (or the aid of some alternate material handling equipment). Employees may occasionally be required to transport and move up to 800 pounds with the use of material handling equipment.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, and procedures which are applicable to this position’s responsibilities.
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit airgas.taleo.net.