Website Concurrent Technologies Corporation
Design Engineer Job Highlights
|Johnstown, PA, United States
|Concurrent Technologies Corporation
Concurrent Technologies Corporation (CTC) is an independent, nonprofit, applied scientific research and development professional services organization that provides management and technology-based solutions to a wide range of clients representing state and federal government as well as the private sector.
The company is seeking a Design Engineer who will design mechanical systems for a broad base of applications ranging from ground vehicles, custom testing equipment, fixtures, and other unique one-off solutions for DoD or commercial clients.
- The applicants must have completed an Associate’s Degree in Mechanical Drafting/Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering from a college/university or Equivalent
- The candidates should have a minimum of 6 to 8 years of related work experience.
- Able to produce solid models and documentation of designs and see them through to prototype manufacturing.
- Develop design concepts, calculations, material selection, and other pertinent information required to complete the assigned design activity.
- Interact with vendors supplying fabrication services and will define fabrication processes of designs.
- Required to assist in scheduling tasks and estimate labor hours and materials costs for design development and prototyping.
- Required to work closely with project teams consisting of CAD and Shop technicians and be a part of teams consisting of other mechanical, electrical, and materials engineers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Drafting/Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent, with a minimum of 4-6 years of experience.
- Experience in finite element numerical analyses packages (i.e. Abaqus, ANSYS, etc.)
- Candidate must be proficient in creating complex parametric 3-D models and assemblies utilizing Pro/Engineer, Solid Edge, Solid Works, and/or AutoCAD.
- Candidate must have in-depth knowledge of standard fabrications processes including machining, welding, and assembly
- Candidate must possess skills in and drafting presentation standards dictated by ASME Y14.5.
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Accident Insurance
- Bereavement Leave
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Dependent Day Care Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Holiday and Paid Leave
- Health Savings Account
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Life Insurance/Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Medical Flexible Spending Account
- Medical and Prescription, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Mutual Funds
- Personal Cancer Expense Protection Insurance
- Parking Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Program
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Selling Paid Leave
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Assistance Program
- Transportation Flexible Spending Account
- Voluntary Disability Insurance
- Wellness Program
CTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.ctc.com.