Website General Motors
Design Lead Technical (Fabrication Engineering) Job Highlights
|Title||Design Lead Technical – Fabrication Engineering|
|Location||Warren, MI, United States|
General Motors’ vision is to create a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions, and Zero Congestion. We embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer, and more equitable for all. The company specializes in engineering, cars, trucks, vehicles, manufacturing, automotive, transportation, information technology, and electrification.
The company is looking for a Design Lead with knowledge of fabrication processes and materials to help direct a team of designers that converts early Studio A surface into three-dimensional models for the fabrication of Design properties and show vehicles.
- The applicants should have a College Degree or Equivalent from an accredited institution.
- The candidates should have 5 years (10 preferred) of experience using Siemens NX (Unigraphics)
- Previous fabrication experience
- Accept and follow verbal design direction when vital
- Attend and participate in Build Meetings
- Basic understanding of GMS System
- Build and maintain good working relationships with Shop, Project Management, and Studio Personnel
- Communicate between shifts, and other departments to implement standard methodologies, resolve problems and sustain consistent performance to objectives
- Create and maintain assemblies for large projects
- Create designs that control costs and achieve productivity improvements
- Drive first-time quality in the design of models
- Interpret and analyze work orders, drawings, and parts list
- Knowledge of specialty/concept vehicle build and fabrication practices
- Lead others and provide technical guidance as needed
- Maintain awareness of quality standards, communicate department quality goals and use resources to tackle quality problems
- Meet all timing, quality, and cost requirements
- Solve difficult design problems
- Supervise quality control and build schedule
- Train team members as necessary to improve the skill-set of the group
- Willingness to innovate and take measured risks
- Work directly with Project Lead to understand project requirements
- Analytical ability to solve complex problems
- Demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with others in face-to-face and group situations.
- Knowledge of additional CAD systems
- Knowledge of fabrication processes, including equipment and materials.
- Knowledge of GM Pre-Production and GVDP
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools
- Proficiency in using and navigating TeamCenter
- Proficiency using TcVIS
- Well-developed oral and written presentation skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family, and friends
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values
- Healthcare (including a triple tax-advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision, and life insurance plans to cover you and your family
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing
General Motors is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and provides opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit search-careers.gm.com.