Design Project Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Design Project Engineer|
|Location||Chanhassen, MN, United States|
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably.
Eaton’s Fluid Filtration Division is looking for a Project Design Engineer who will design, engineer, and adhere to the project schedule for ETO (Engineered to Order) filtration pressure vessels and projects to ensure that goals are accomplished within given time and budget parameters.
They will provide technical support to manufacturing and sales while performing duties in accordance with company policy and procedures, marketing, sales, financial objectives, customer requirements, Ethical Business Conduct Policy, and contractual requirements.
- The applicants should have completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- The candidates should have 4 years of experience in the design of welded and cast pressure vessels using industry standards (ASME Code, ASTM, and ANSI Standards)
- Experience managing multiple pressure vessel designs concurrently
- Experience with AutoCAD or similar design software, ERP system experience, MFG-Pro preferred.
- Knowledge of the industrial welding applications and prior experience with domestic and international fabrication businesses preferred.
- Coordinate project activities with internal and external customers and/or their representatives.
- Creation of drawings, engineering documentation, calculations, and other engineering deliverables to assure the contractually specified technical requirements are fulfilled for each project.
- Develop new products or revisions to existing products to meet market needs, profitability goals, reliability requirements, and manufacturing capability in accordance with standard development practices.
- Direct and coordinate activities of Engineering Departments and project personnel to ensure the project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget. Establish and document targeted financial goals (margin, material costs, labor, etc.)
- Establish and document targeted financial goals (margin, material costs, labor, etc.)
- Initiate project plans, which include the scheduled actions and the resources required to meet the project objectives. Execute projects according to the established plan. Effectively communicate project status through reports to management and regularly scheduled update meetings.
- Initiate the generation of new ideas and document them appropriately for possible patent protection or to reserve as trade secrets.
- Maintain close liaison with the sales and marketing functions and end customers, as related to application reviews, new product requirements, modifications of existing products, customer prototype qualification test requirements, and resolving product performance deficiencies.
- Maintain a high level of awareness with mechanical advances in the engineering field through formal education, technical seminars, or product design exhibitions to ensure our continued product leadership.
- Provide production personnel technical support in troubleshooting/problem solving & process improvements.
- Regularly communicate and demonstrate the Eaton best practices, ethics, values, and philosophy such that these cultural attributes are incorporated throughout the organization. Foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals and philosophy; encourages continuous improvement and builds customer relationships
- Work in a fast-paced and changing environment with high-stress levels. The position operates in a global business environment, dealing with diverse viewpoints and cultures. The focus is on process-driven continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing ability
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Proven strong leadership, motivational, and interpersonal skills
- Team-oriented, problem-solving skills and corrective action methodology
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Donation matching (US, Canada, Puerto Rico)
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Wellness programs
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the Chanhassen, MN facility will be considered. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.