Website Johnson Controls
Designer Drafter Job Highlights
|Location||New Freedom, PA, United States|
Johnson Controls transforms the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, it drives the outcomes that matter most. The company is dedicated to protecting the environment, delivers promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers, and manufacturing.
The company is looking for a Designer Drafter who will manage and provide drafting and design support to the engineering department by assuming full drafting responsibility for assigned projects.
The position will require independent research to resolve problems with engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and vendors.
- The applicants should have a Technical/Associate Degree from a college or university.
- The candidates should have 5 to 7 years of experience in a related field.
- Check work of others that is similar in type and complexity to that which is personally performed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of SAP or other Material Resource Planning software to investigate existing material and BOMs.
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge of design procedures such as retrieving and applying information from engineering standards and schematics, purchasing and manufacturing specifications for preparation, release, and revision of drawings and Bills of Material.
- Exercises leadership by sharing technical and practical knowledge with less experienced team members.
- Prepares change orders after investigating change requests, resolves shop problems, and proposes redesigns to improve performance or reduce costs.
- Prepares layouts of subassemblies or portions of projects that require a high degree of precision and expertise from engineering data in one or more of the following areas such as mechanical and electrical.
- Proficient knowledge of manufacturing processes (welding, bending, brazing, assembling, etc.)
- Displays basic knowledge of PDM software (Windchill)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proficient knowledge of 3D design software (CREO experience required) and 2D design software (preferably AutoCAD)
- 401(k) savings plan and company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life insurance
- Medical/dental/vision insurance/health spending
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary benefits: ID Theft; Critical Illness, Pet Insurance, Legal Support
- Wellness Program
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit johnsoncontrols.referrals.selectminds.com.