Website Chart Industries
Designer II Job Highlights
|Location||Beasley, TX, United States|
Chart Industries, focuses on the design of cryogenic equipment and manufactures highly engineered equipment servicing multiple applications in Energy and Industrial Gas.
The company is seeking a Designer II who will develop CAD parametric models and drawings for air-cooled heat exchangers using Solidworks.
Relies on experience and judgment to plan and complete projects on time including design, drawings, and product documentation.
Uses CAD automation tools to their fullest to minimize engineering effort on new projects.
- Applicants should have Associates Degree in Engineering related field from a college/university
- An additional 5 years of applicable experience and Vocational/Technical Education in Design/Drafting and Mechanical Design or Equivalent can be in lieu of the Associate’s Degree.
- Possess 3 to 5 years in mechanical design
- Actively participate in design reviews.
- Checks completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, and conformity to standard procedures and practices.
- Clarify specifications of selected components from suppliers and initiate requests for quotation to possible suppliers of components.
- Develop detailed 3D CAD models and 2D drawings, layouts, spreadsheets, and tolerance stack-ups as assigned.
- Establishes Design Bill of Materials (BoM) for assemblies/projects as assigned.
- Investigates pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials, interchangeability, strength-weight efficiency, contractual specification, and cost.
- Manages the design/drawing requirements for sub-assemblies of a project.
- Prepare and maintain project documentation and ensure compliance with internal and external standards as assigned.
- Utilizes CAD automation tools wherever possible to drive productivity and accuracy within the design group.
- Work is performed in a timely manner according to scheduled dates and commitments.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to insure designs are optimized using DFMA.
- Works with Hudson Design and Drawing Standards to ensure work complies with the standards.
- Other as assigned.
- 3D Modeling – Solid works
- Knowledge of ISO, ASME Y14 ‘Drafting and Document’ standards, and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Familiarity with ERP (BOM) systems
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (required)
- Metal fabrication – Cutting, forming, and welding of structures or machinery
- Mostly indoor office environment
- Some outdoor/shop environment
- Some noisy/loud shop environment
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)–
- Safety Glasses
- Steel Toe Shoes
- Ear Plugs
- Flexible medical, vision, and dental plans
- 24/7 access to telephone doctors
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Leaves of absence (family medical, bereavement, personal, sabbatical)
- Remote work options
- Financial planning services
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase plans
- Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Spending Account (HSA)
Chart Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.chartindustries.com.