Development Toolmaker, GSE Engineering Job Highlights
|Title||Development Toolmaker, GSE Engineering|
|Function||Information Technology, Consulting, Engineering|
|Location||Redmond, WA, United States|
Amazon is a multinational technology company that focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence.
The company is looking for a Development Toolmaker, GSE Engineering who will work on Project Kuiper that is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
This role will be will work closely with mechanical and controls engineering teams to develop creative solutions to take this program for R&D, through design validation and into production.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalency Certificate.
- The candidates should have at least 3 years of working experience with building and validating custom tooling and manufacturing equipment.
- Custom tooling, test equipment fabricating, and assembly
- Maintain GSE Tooling work area
- Support other development and production teams as required
- Work directly with engineering teams on design feedback DFM, project execution, and commissioning
- Degree or certificate in a related field.
- Minimum 5 years working in a manufacturing environment, using basic hand, power, measurement tools.
- Experience with rigging and lifting operations.
- Laser tracking and roamer’s arm experience a plus
- Experience assembling and commissioning custom machinery including linear rails, power transmission, pneumatics, hydraulics, and control sensors.
- Operations of manual Vertical Mills, Lathes, band saws, drill presses, and other common machines used in a tooling fabrication shop.
- MIG/TIG welding experience
- Can read, interpret, and execute mechanical drawings including GD&T.
- Experience setting up and maintaining a workshop in a development environment
- Experience working with ambiguity or minimum instructions in a custom project manufacturing environment.
- Must be willing and able to work with powered lift equipment – for example, forklift or cherry picker.
- Must be able to lift up to 49 pounds on some occasions, stand/walk for up to 8-10 hours (with breaks), and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Amazon’s 401(k) plan provides you an opportunity to defer compensation for your long-term savings and includes a company match. The plan offers a variety of investment options to help you reach your financial goals.
- Company-paid basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance with the option to enroll in additional coverage for you and your dependents.
- Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability.
- Our Medical plan options give you the flexibility to select the right health care coverage for you and eligible family members.
- Valid Driver’s license and able to satisfy Amazon driver eligibility criteria.
- Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or another legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.