Website General Motors
Die Maker Journeyperson Job Highlights
|Title||Die Maker Journeyperson|
|Location||Wentzville, MO, United States|
General Motors’ vision is to create a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions, and Zero Congestion. We embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer, and more equitable for all. The company specializes in engineering, cars, trucks, vehicles, manufacturing, automotive, transportation, information technology, and electrification.
The company is recruiting a Die Maker Journeyperson who will be responsible for building, repairing, remodeling, and maintaining all types of dies using various types of material.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus.
- At least 18 years of age
- Possess work-related experience (preferred, not required)
- Die tryout duties as required
- Document and record various data for the department
- Drive a hi-lo or operate an overhead crane to transport dies as well as other heavy equipment
- Fabricate or repair dies for production, including performing required welding operations
- Follow established safety procedures according to OSHA standards and company procedures
- Make in-press repairs of dies/tooling
- Perform die repair, using mills, lathes, and grinders as well as hand tools
- Read blueprints to perform die repair/fabrication
- Utilize measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, and micrometers, to repair/fabricate dies
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which include comprehensive assessments, hair drug testing, and a background check
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day, afternoon, or night shifts as well as overtime hours daily, weekends, and holidays on those shifts with little notice.
- U.S. Department of Labor Completion of Apprenticeship Certificate in Die Maker trade or six (6) years of documented experience as a Die Maker (notarized documentation required)
- Basic computer skills
- Company and matching contributions to 401(k) savings plan to help you save for retirement
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family, and friends
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values
- Healthcare (including a triple tax-advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision, and life insurance plans to cover you and your family
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing
General Motors is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company provides opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit search-careers.gm.com.