Diesel Fleet Mechanic Technician I – Apprentice Job Highlights
|Title||Diesel Fleet Mechanic Technician I – Apprentice|
|Location||Concord, NC, United States|
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments, and other customers who prepare meals away from home. The family of products includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries.
The company is looking for a Diesel Fleet Mechanic Technician who will assist Fleet Technician II and Fleet Technician III in providing safe, reliable, and cost-efficient vehicles by learning to perform quality preventive maintenance inspections and repairs as well as learning to diagnose and repair as required to prevent breakdowns on road, reduce vehicle downtime and improve total fleet reliability.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Medium/Heavy Duty truck technical training 2-year school (preferred)
- The candidates should have 1 to 3 years of fleet maintenance and repair
- Address all driver vehicle inspection report write-ups timely, efficiently, and correctly the first time under the guidance of fleet technician II and III or fleet supervisor or manager.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturer specifications including but not limited to engines, transmissions and clutches, drive-line, differential, steering and suspension, fuel and ignition system, exhaust systems (including regeneration systems), intake systems, electrical systems, brake systems, HVAC systems and lift-gate hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems under the guidance of fleet technician II and III or fleet supervisor or manager.
- Follow procedures including documenting all work performed on work order using complaint, cause, and correction format under the guidance of fleet technician II and III or fleet supervisor or manager.
- Learn and develop efficiency in Sysco computer programs under the guidance of fleet technicians II and III or fleet supervisor or manager
- Learn to perform FAI/CVI (Annual) (First Article Inspection – Commercial Vehicle Inspection) inspections on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, light-duty vehicles, and any other company-owned equipment under the guidance of fleet technician II and III or fleet supervisor or manager in accordance with all federal, state and local legal and regulatory agencies. (Includes all state-required inspections and frequencies).
- Learn to perform maintenance repairs on all vehicles under the guidance of fleet technicians II and III or fleet supervisors or managers such as inspections, scheduled repairs, malfunctions, and road-call repairs in a safe, efficient, and timely, and quality manner.
- Learn to perform quality maintenance repairs under the guidance of fleet technician II and III or fleet supervisor or manager as required to maximize safety and reliability on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light-duty vehicles, and any company-owned equipment.
- Learn to perform quality preventive maintenance inspections per company methods under the guidance of fleet technicians II and III, fleet supervisor, or manager on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light-duty vehicles, and any other company-owned equipment.
- Learn to perform required inspections and preventive maintenance under the guidance of fleet technicians II and III or fleet managers on vehicles and equipment to maximize the safety, reliability, and cost efficiency throughout the life cycle of the fleet.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge
- Basic knowledge and skill in diagnosis and repair of electrical systems on all equipment
- Basic knowledge and skill in welding and cutting (gas, electric, MIG, TIG)
- Basic knowledge and skill of all vehicle systems and components
- 609 HVAC Certification (Preferred, Not Required)
- Annual Inspector Certification Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Preferred, Not Required)
- Apprentice will be required to complete Sysco SIU training modules for safety and other required courses.
- Apprentice will have performance reviews regularly to determine areas of improvement and areas that require additional training and development
- ASE certifications and Automotive or Medium/Heavy Duty Trucks (Preferred, Not Required)
- Brake Inspector Certification Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Preferred, Not Required)
- Technicians must own and provide all tools (diagnostic equipment and major tools provided by Sysco) necessary to perform all maintenance inspections, repair, and diagnostics.
- Working knowledge of computer-based diagnostic software for OEM and component manufacturers
- The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and confined spaces.
- The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other operating companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.).
- The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays, and on-call.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold, and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in confined spaces.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and must frequently lift and/or move up to 100lbs.
- The employee is Repair work requires excellent hand and finger dexterity used for wrenches, hand tools, and other shop equipment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear.
- Auto and Home Insurance
- Behavioral Health/Substance Use Benefits
- Associate Perks at Work
- College Savings
- Critical Illness
- Dependent Care FSA
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Work-Life Resources
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Health Care FSA
- Health Management Programs
- Health Savings Plan (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity
- Identity Theft Protection Plan
- Leave of Absence
- Legal Insurance
- Life and AD&D
- Limited Use FSA
- Parent Support Resources
- Prescription Drugs
- Specialty Health Resources
- Virtual Behavioral Health Services
- Current and valid driver’s license (CDL Preferred)
Sysco is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.sysco.com.