Diesel Fleet Mechanic Technician II Job Highlights
|Title||Diesel Fleet Mechanic Technician II|
|Location||Warners, NY, United States|
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments, and other customers who prepare meals away from home. The family of products includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries.
The company is looking for a Diesel Fleet Mechanic Technician who will provide safe, reliable, and cost-efficient vehicles by performing quality preventive maintenance inspections and repairs as well as performing expert diagnosis and repair as required to prevent breakdowns on road, reduce vehicle downtime and improve total fleet reliability.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Medium/Heavy Duty truck technical training
- The candidates should have 2-year school and 1 year of experience
- 3 years of experience in fleet maintenance and repair
- Address all Driver Vehicle Inspection Report write-ups timely, and efficiently.
- Complete electrical repairs and welding projects as needed.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturer specifications including but not limited to engines, transmissions and clutches, drive-line, differential, steering and suspension, fuel and ignition system, exhaust systems (including regeneration systems), intake systems, electrical systems, brake systems, HVAC systems and lift-gate hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Electric motor knowledge (DC)
- Follow procedures including documenting all work performed on work orders.
- Knowledge of controls and electric (DC (distribution center) low voltage
- Learn and develop efficiency in Sysco computer programs
- Perform FAI/CVI (Annual) inspections on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, light-duty vehicles, and any other company-owned equipment in accordance with all federal, state, and local legal and regulatory agencies. (Includes all state-required inspections and frequencies).
- Perform quality maintenance repairs as required to maximize safety and reliability on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light-duty vehicles, and any company-owned equipment.
- Perform quality preventive maintenance inspections per company methods on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light-duty vehicles, and any other company-owned equipment.
- Perform required inspections and preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment within planned time tolerances to maximize the safety, reliability, and cost efficiency throughout the life cycle of the fleet.
- Proficient in electrical meter testing
- 609 HVAC Certification
- Annual Inspector Certification, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- ASE certifications; Automotive or Medium/Heavy Duty Trucks (Preferred, Not Required)
- Brake Inspector Certification, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to grasp tools
- Ability to lift /carry
- Ability to operate various pieces of equipment
- Ability to perform Repetitive motion: wrenches and hand tools
- Ability to push/pull
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend, reach
- Basic computer skills and knowledge
- Basic knowledge and skill in welding and cutting (gas, electric, MIG, TIG)
- Basic knowledge of environmental regulations
- Basic knowledge of OSHA safety regulations
- Expert knowledge and skill of all vehicle systems and components
- Moderate knowledge and skill in diagnosis and repair of electrical systems on all equipment
- Moderate knowledge and skill in Preventive Maintenance Inspections and repair
- Moderate knowledge of all DOT (FMCSA) regulations
- Must provide own and provide all tools (diagnostic equipment and major tools provided by Sysco) necessary to perform all maintenance repair and diagnostics
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is Repair work requires excellent hand and finger dexterity used for wrenches, hand tools, and other shop equipment.
- Working knowledge of computer-based diagnostic software for OEM’s and component manufacturers
- Frequently works outdoors.
- Occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.).
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and confined spaces.
- Occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold, and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in confined spaces.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays, and on-call.
- Frequently required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, or crawl.
- Frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to sit and must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- College Savings
- Behavioral Health/Substance Use Benefits
- Critical Illness
- Associate Perks at Work
- Auto and Home Insurance
- Dependent Care FSA
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Work-Life Resources
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Health Care FSA
- Health Management Programs
- Health Savings Plan (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity
- Identity Theft Protection Plan
- Leave of Absence
- Legal Insurance
- Life and AD&D
- Limited Use FSA
- Parent Support Resources
- Prescription Drugs
- Specialty Health Resources
- Virtual Behavioral Health Services
- Current and valid driver’s license.
Sysco is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.sysco.com.