Diesel Fleet Mechanic Technician III Job Highlights
|Title||Diesel Fleet Mechanic Technician III|
|Location||Boise, ID, United States|
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing, and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare, and educational facilities, lodging establishments, and other customers who prepare meals away from home. The family of products includes equipment and supplies for the food service and hospitality industries.
The company is recruiting a Diesel Fleet Mechanic Technician III who will provide safe, reliable, and cost-efficient vehicles by performing quality preventive maintenance inspections and repairs as well as performing expert diagnosis and repair as required to prevent breakdowns on the road, reduce vehicle downtime and improve total fleet reliability.
- High School Diploma or GED (required)
- 2-year school and 4 years of experience
- 5 years of experience in fleet maintenance and repair
- Thermo-King and Carrier Refrigeration expertise (strongly preferred)
- Medium/Heavy Duty truck technical training
- Annual Inspector Certification Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- ASE certifications and Automotive or Medium/Heavy Duty Trucks
- Brake Inspector Certification Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- EPA section 608 (Core and Type II) and 609 HVAC and Refrigeration Certification
- Address all Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports write-ups timely, and efficiently.
- Complete electrical repairs and welding projects as needed.
- Diagnose the cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturer specifications including but not limited to engines, transmissions and clutches, drive-line, differential, steering and suspension, fuel and ignition system, exhaust systems (including regeneration systems), intake systems, electrical systems, brake systems, HVAC systems, and lift-gate hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Electric motor knowledge (DC)
- Follow procedures including documenting all work performed on work orders.
- Knowledge of controls and electric (DC (distribution center) low voltage
- May perform moderate supervisory roles when Fleet Manager or Fleet Supervisors are not accessible.
- Mentor, teach, and share expertise with Fleet Technicians I and II to aid in their development to positions of greater responsibility.
- Perform FAI/CVI (Annual) inspections on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, light-duty vehicles, and any other company-owned equipment in accordance with all federal, state, and local legal and regulatory agencies. (Includes all state-required inspections and frequencies).
- Perform preventive maintenance, diagnosis, and repair of refrigeration units (Reefer).
- Perform quality maintenance repairs as required to maximize safety and reliability on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, lift-gates, light-duty vehicles, and any company-owned equipment.
- Perform quality preventive maintenance inspections per company methods on all fleet vehicles including tractors, trailers, converter dollies, refrigeration units (Reefer), lift-gates, light-duty vehicles, and any other company-owned equipment.
- Perform required inspections and preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment within planned time tolerances to maximize the safety, reliability, and cost efficiency throughout the life cycle of the fleet.
- Proficient in electrical meter testing
- Expert knowledge and skill in diagnosis and repair of electrical systems on all equipment
- Expert knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and repair of refrigeration systems
- Expert knowledge and skill in Preventive Maintenance Inspections and repair
- Expert knowledge and skill in all vehicle systems and components
- Expert knowledge of all DOT (FMCSA) regulations
- Moderate computer skills and knowledge
- Moderate knowledge and skill in welding and cutting (gas, electric, Mig, Tig)
- Moderate knowledge of environmental regulations
- Moderate knowledge of OSHA safety regulations
- Must provide own and provide all tools (diagnostic equipment and major tools provided by Sysco) necessary to perform all maintenance repair and diagnostics
- Working knowledge of computer-based diagnostic software for OEMs and component manufacturers
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and must frequently lift or move up to 100 lbs.
- Requires excellent hand and finger dexterity used for wrenches, hand tools, and other shop equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to operate various pieces of equipment
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend, reach
- Ability to push/pull
- Ability to lift /carry
- Ability to grasp tools
- Ability to perform repetitive motion: wrenches and hand tools
- Frequently works outdoors.
- Occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold, or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in confined spaces.
- Works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays, and on-call.
- May occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e., training, business continuation, etc.)
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and confined spaces.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- 401(k) plan
- Auto and Home Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Health Management Programs
- Health Savings Plan (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity
- Identity Theft Protection Plan
- Legal Insurance
- Prescription Drugs
- Specialty Health Resources
- Virtual Behavioral Health Services
- Current and valid driver’s license (CDL preferred, not required)
Sysco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.sysco.com.