Diesel Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Toledo, OH, United States|
CSX is a premier transportation company. It provides rail, intermodal, and rail-to-truck transload services and solutions to customers across a broad array of markets, including energy, industrial, construction, agricultural, and consumer products.
The company is looking for a Diesel Mechanic who will inspect, service, repair, and maintain diesel locomotives.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- 18 years of age or older
- Possess 1 year of mechanical work experience or training
- 1 year of experience reading and interpreting technical drawings or schematics
- 2 years of diesel mechanic experience
- Completion of a mechanical vocational or trade school program
- Ensure compliance with all railroad rules and regulations for safety, operations, and the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
- Fabricate, cut, shape, and perform finish operations using various types of materials
- Inspect, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair malfunctions in diesel engines, air brake equipment, running gear, or locomotive components
- Move locomotives
- Perform periodic service on locomotives
- Rivet, bolt, glue, braze or weld to fabricate, modify or design replacement parts for equipment
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by the manager
- Mechanical aptitude
- Reasoning skills (problem-solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Verbal comprehension (Understanding oral and written communications)
- Exposure to equipment that intensifies the heat factor on an occasional basis
- Heavy work, lifting up to 70 pounds occasionally and up to 100 pounds on a rare basis
- Stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, balance, climb
- Complete annual training and pass safety rules examinations
- Must pass a background screening
- Must pass a post-offer medical examination, including a drug test
- Must pass all required assessments
- This position is governed by a collective bargaining agreement and membership is req.
- Wear protective equipment such as a hard hat, hearing protection, or safety-toe boots
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries
- Valid Driver’s License
CSX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit fa-eowa-saasfaprod1.fa.ocs.oraclecloud.com.