Website DAK Americas
Diesel Mechanic (Forklift) Job Highlights
|Title||Diesel Mechanic – Forklift|
|Location||Fayetteville, NC, United States|
DAK Americas is a globally competitive supplier of Terephthalic acid (TPA) – Monomers, Polyethylene Terephthalate Resins (PET), and Polyester Staple Fibers (PSF) for the western hemisphere.
DAK Americas is a division of Alpek, the petrochemicals and synthetic fibers business group of Alfa, S.A.B. de C.V., one of Mexico’s largest corporations.
The company is seeking a Forklift/Diesel Mechanic who will assist in the recycling/production process by daily maintenance and repairs on all heavy equipment.
The Diesel Mechanic will report to the Maintenance Manager.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Age – must be 18 years old
- The candidates should have 5 years of experience working on forklifts/diesel equipment
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
- Capable of performing a wide range of physical activities which include pulling, reaching, bending, & kneeling
- Daily communication on all heavy equipment items to management.
- Daily inspections of all heavy equipment onsite
- Estimates time and material costs on heavy equipment repairs and requisitions for new parts.
- Follow all applicable plant rules including Quality, Maintenance, and Safety policies and procedures
- Maintain good housekeeping standards in the work area.
- Perform preventative maintenance and care, including tire rotations, oil changes, and checking fluid levels
- Proficient in reading and understanding technical documents, diagrams, and service manuals
- Reading and interpreting diagnostic test results to identify problems and determine the solution
- Responsible for maintaining adequate records on all repairs
- Review daily work orders on equipment needs. Document and closing of work orders in a timely manner.
- Test driving heavy equipment to ensure everything working properly
- Wear and maintain all required PPE
- All other duties as assigned and or required
- Ability to frequently move about the assigned work area and work 8-hour shifts
- Ability to frequently move product up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work and perform in a team environment
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions including working outside and inside a non-climate-controlled facility
- Advanced knowledge of diesel engine components
- Good organizational skills and detailed orientated
- Positive attitude and the ability to take direction from management
- Proficiency with maintenance and repair tools
- The company offers excellent pay and a skills-based pay progression system.
DAK Americas is an equal employment opportunity employer and strives to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, as well as any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.net.