Diesel Technician I Job Highlights
|Title||Diesel Technician I|
|Location||Idaho Falls, ID, United States|
FleetPride is the largest after-market distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in the United States. The company serves a diverse customer base across multiple industries, including freight and shipping, leasing services, agriculture, food and beverage, construction, and waste management.
The company is searching for a Diesel Technician I who is required to perform basic mechanical repairs.
Perform heavy-duty truck and trailer maintenance and repairs to both company and federal regulations (standards, guidelines)
- Associate’s Degree in Diesel Technology (college/university)
- Air Brake certified
- 1+ years of mechanical experience
- Experience as a Class 7 and 8 Technician
- Experience repairing 53’ trailers
- File, grind, sand, and smooth filled or repair surfaces, using power tools and hand tools.
- Limit comebacks to zero
- Maintain 80% productivity
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrications, and filter replacements.
- Record final measurements, services, and parts used during the last stage of a job, noting any special customer request(s).
- Repair, reline, replace, and adjust brakes (air, hydraulic, electric, and brake accessories).
- Test drive vehicles and test components using proper equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair, exhaust systems, steering systems, and air conditioning.
- Ability to supply the required tools to perform daily repairs i.e., Hand Tools, Air tools, Grinders, and tools box.
- A Valid CDL (preferred but not required)
- Non-climate-controlled shop
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Competitive pay with regular reviews
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
- Life and AD&D insurance plans
- Multiple 401(k) plan options
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Telehealth option
- Wellness and work-life programs
FleetPride is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit fleetpride.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.