Website National Oilwell Varco (NOV)
Director of Operations (Cedar Park) Job Highlights
|Title||Director of Operations – Cedar Park|
|Location||Cedar Park, TX, United States|
|Company||National Oilwell Varco (NOV)|
National Oilwell Varco is a leading worldwide provider of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, oilfield services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
NOV Wellbore Technologies manufactures advanced well construction instrumentation that enables our customers to perform with increased speed and safety, at reduced costs.
The company is looking for a Director of Operations who will use proven leadership ability, creativity, and problem-solving skills to drive performance improvement in Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Innovation, and Employee Engagement.
The position will accomplish this by managing all aspects of value delivery, from demand acceptance through shipment.
The candidate and team will collaborate with order fulfillment, product engineering, sales, operations, finance, and logistics/compliance to identify and understand problems, determine root causes, and drive the implementation of solutions throughout the facility.
This position reports to the Sr. Vice President of Manufacturing for NOV Wellbore Technologies.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 10+ years of manufacturing/supply chain/engineering experience; including 5+ years of working in an ISO 9001 environment
Keys to Hiring
- Be experts in manufacturing, quality systems, financial management, and facility operations.
- Comfortable with addressing whatever problem you face next, and seek to understand the problem thoroughly before suggesting changes or taking action.
- Comfortable with prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously, along with supporting and developing your direct reports.
- Continuously monitor the willingness and ability of team members to perform with excellence in their roles, and will provide continuing education via certification programs, on-the-job training, and coaching.
- Create and use multiple sources of information to identify problems, define solutions, and create and maintain clarity, focus, and discipline in our people and processes.
- Define performance goals and targets based on the needs of our customers.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to teach and lead your team to successfully execute countermeasures, following the PDCA model.
- Skills should be evident through past achievements in improving quality and maintaining a strong audit track record along with the implementation of new methods and systems with measurable results.
- The most important performance objectives for this position are to maintain and continuously improve measured performance in safety, cost of poor quality (scrap, rework, and warranty returns), Delivery (on-time, lead time), and Cost.
- Your performance/success will be visible in KPIs for these categories.
- You will identify gaps between current and planned/desired performance, follow the A3/Plan-Do-Check-Act thinking process to deeply understand the current state, identify root causes, implement countermeasures or run experiments, and then check the results and act to implement solutions.
- You will hire, retain, and develop team members who demonstrate the willingness and ability to perform at a high level.
- Your team will gather data, turn it into usable information to focus our efforts, and then implement quantifiable improvements.
- You will collaborate with your team to understand problems with our people, products, materials, and processes.
- During the first 90 days, you will focus on gaining in-depth knowledge of our products, our ERP system (JD Edwards), our engineering document system (Teamcenter) as well as other key systems (RigDocs, PIMS, iTrax, Tracker).
- This knowledge will be crucial to your ability to identify and drive improvements and to support your team effectively.
- You will then apply your own learning and experience to develop and challenge your team as they engage with the rest of our operations to solve the quality-related problems we face.
- You will also manage the overall facility regarding operating costs, space allocation, maintenance and repairs, and code and regulatory compliance.
- A mindset and demonstrated experience implementing operational excellence that goes beyond the level of ISO/QSR compliance
- Ability and demonstrated success working cross-functionally
- ASQ/SME/APICS Certifications and familiarity with manufacturing functional certifications (welding, electronics, hydraulics, and pressure systems, supply chain) is desired
- Credentialed or demonstrated experience in problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to hire, retain, and develop team members who demonstrate the willingness and ability to perform at a high level. Knowledge of ISO quality systems design, auditing, and maintenance
- Demonstrated experience and ability to take a strong stance for customer needs while assuring productive shared problem solving with peers
- Detail-oriented, well organized, and able to deploy goals to individual contributors.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills
- Familiarity with API and OSHA standards is desired
- Knowledge of, and experience with, discrete and process manufacturing, instrumentation, machining, procurement, materials, warehouse operations, and facility operation.
- Proven experience using continuous improvement methods, tools, and thinking processes
- Strong leadership and employee development skills
- Willingness and ability to periodically travel domestically and internationally (10%)
NOV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. The company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for everyone and provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
To apply for this job please visit egay.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.