Website ONE Gas
Distribution Inspector Job Highlights
|Location||Austin, TX, United States|
ONE Gas provides natural gas distribution services.
The company is reaching for a Distribution Inspector who will perform an advanced level of inspection work on company pipelines, oversee contractors engaged in the construction and maintenance of a pipeline system.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum Qualified Plastic Fusion Technician certification (as specified by position)
- Minimum Qualified Steel Welding certification (as specified by position)
- Experience in use, function, and maintenance of tools and equipment applicable to the position including accessing and utilizing computer applications.
- Experience with and thorough knowledge of construction and maintenance of transmission and distribution pipeline systems.
- Experience with application of basic arithmetic: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Assists with operation and/or maintenance of tools and equipment
- Inspects installation, maintenance, and removal work performed by employees and/or contractors on transmission and distribution pipelines to ensure compliance and/or identify noncompliance with the company and governmental standards.
- Investigate customer-related orders and/or emergency situations
- Maintains logs; compiles and prepares reports
- Perform routine maintenance on vehicles and equipment.
- Provides information, advice, and/or assistance to employees, contractors, landowners, public/governmental officials, and others relative to construction and/or maintenance standards, policies, and procedures applicable to work in progress.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required in the performance of a job.
- Review invoices for accuracy (pricing, quantity installed, materials used, etc.)
- Employees may be required to perform additional duties as assigned.
- Able to operate tools and equipment required.
- Climb into and out of excavations and onto and off of equipment.
- Communicates and/or exchanges information or instructions verbally, including the use of company two-way radios or cellular telephones.
- Demonstrated ability to read and write fluently in English.
- Detect and react to warning signals at work sites.
- Experience leading, directing, and/or training.
- Experience reading and interpreting maps, atlas pages, blueprints, budget information, and job orders.
- Knowledge and experience with basic computer operation and relevant software.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and/or industry standards and regulations regarding pipeline construction and safety.
- Knowledge of function and/or maintenance of regulators, chart meters, well meters, cathodic protection, and leakage survey, and remote methane leak device.
- Lift or move objects weighing up to 20 pounds 10 to 15 times a day; up to 40 pounds 7 to 10 times a day; up to 50 pounds 10 to 12 times a day.
- Perform maintenance on the company leak truck and all related leakage survey equipment. (as specified by position)
- Peripheral vision and accurate depth perception.
- React immediately to emergency situations to prevent injury to self and others.
- Smell odorant in natural gas.
- Travel over uneven terrain
- Visual abilities are sufficient to perform job duties.
- Minimum Applicable driver’s license
ONE Gas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit onegas.jobs.