Website Black Hills Energy
Distribution Pipeline Welder (UN244) Job Highlights
|Title||Distribution Pipeline Welder (UN244)|
|Location||Norfolk, NE, United States|
|Company||Black Hills Energy|
Black Hills Energy is a growth-oriented and vertically integrated energy company. The company’s non-regulated businesses generate wholesale electricity and produce natural gas and coal.
The company is looking for a Distribution Pipeline Welder who will provide leadership in developing technical and mechanical skills of the assigned crew in the installation and maintenance of the gas distribution system, in a competent manner, to ensure customer confidence, satisfaction, and safety.
Train employees to improve performance; provide leadership in the absence of the supervisor; resolve complex problems requiring advanced skills and knowledge.
- The applicants must have completed a 2 years Associates Degree in Applied Science, Welding Technology from a college/university, or equivalent welding experience.
- The candidates are expected to have related work experience.
- Contribute to department safety training.
- Encourage completion of recordkeeping associated with construction and maintenance operations to ensure that work done is accounted for properly and that accurate up-to-date records are maintained for future reference.
- Follow and promote company safety policy and supports training procedures for safe work and driving habits to ensure customer and employee safety.
- Resolve customer complaints within company policy to ensure customer satisfaction; maintain and promote good customer relations through effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Schedule, perform, and coordinate others in the installation and maintenance of the gas distribution system in a safe and efficient manner to comply with current company policies and procedures.
- Perform other related tasks as apparent or assigned, including but not limited to peak shaving plant operation, line locating, stopping and tapping, customer piping, meter reading, chart changing, lighting appliances, leak investigation and pinpointing, plastic fusion, meter/regulator installations, operation and maintenance of odorant equipment and maintenance of facilities, to ensure efficient operation of the work unit.
- Read literature and maintain literature library, attends seminars and training on new equipment and technological applications to maintain and apply technical skill knowledge.
- Demonstrate high-level welding skills in the fabrication of materials required for the installation and maintenance of the gas distribution system and facilities.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with employees and conduct field and classroom technical training.
- Employees must successfully demonstrate relevant competencies through assessment methods as determined by the Human Resources department.
- Must be able to schedule and coordinate work activities.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with Company Operations Procedures, Emergency Procedures, and State and Federal Codes as they apply to the work.
- Must have positive customer relations orientation including the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in person, by telephone, and in writing.
- Must have the ability to work with and provide leadership to assigned personnel.
- Thorough working knowledge of company safety procedures, practices, and policies.
Mental/Physical Descriptions and Working Conditions
- Mental Description – Understand, remember, apply oral or written instructions or other information, and communicate routine factual information. Apply common sense in performing job functions, usually within a set of rules or guidelines.
- Continuously moves about the office and the job sites and operates machines and equipment. Frequently accesses low and high areas with additional equipment, ascends/descends stairs, maintains coordination, and engages in repetitive motions (kneeling, reaching). Occasionally use a respirator. Employee operates job-related equipment and tools. Routinely performs this work for an average of 8-10 hours per day and occasional extended hours as necessary. Regular, reliable, and timely attendance is expected.
- Specific lifting abilities required by this job include medium work.
- Occasionally perform work indoors and routinely perform work outdoors in sometimes inclement weather with moderate to high noise levels. Workers may be subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working in places of height, or close quarters (i.e., crawl spaces, small enclosed rooms, narrow aisles, or passageways).
- The company offers a benefits package that includes an annual incentive program (based on a percentage of eligible earnings), 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, additional Veteran PTO, military leave differential pay, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, health and wellness program, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Black Hills Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit careers.blackhillsenergy.com.