Website Stanley Black & Decker
EHS Maintenance Technician (1st Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||EHS Maintenance Technician – 1st Shift|
|Location||Delhi, IA, United States|
|Company||Stanley Black & Decker|
Stanley Black & Decker is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, and related accessories, mechanical access and electronic security solutions, healthcare solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
Stanley Infrastructure, a division of Stanley Black & Decker, is a global manufacturer of hydraulic tools and attachments with world-class brands such as STANLEY, Paladin, LaBounty, and Pengo.
The company is hiring an EHS Maintenance Technician who will perform a wide variety of repairs to maintain equipment, plant facilities, and environmental system.
Exercise independent judgment in accepting or rejecting working conditions of equipment and systems. Share knowledge by assisting in training members in the proper methods and techniques. The role will work in partnership with the key process and department leaders to implement best practices and monitor compliance to EHS requirements (internal and external).
The position will work closely with all plant personnel in achieving the objectives of environmental compliance and zero employee safety incidents.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- A two-year Associate’s Degree in Industrial Maintenance is preferred.
- The candidates are expected to have previous work experience in the related field.
- Completes, maintains, and processes all necessary documents pertaining to repairs, purchases, and other appropriate activities.
- Define obstacles and aid in creating solutions concerning safety, identifying safety hazards, and suggesting corrective actions.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Environmental, Health, and Safety regulations
- Examine plant systems to diagnose problems and prevent failures.
- Follow all work instructions and safety rules, including the use of all PPE and safety gear. Reinforces the instructions and rules with peers.
- Follow company safety practices and procedures to provide a safe work environment for all team members. Knowledge of OSHA requirements as they pertain to daily activities. Specific safety knowledge with respect to the plant and equipment.
- Managing industrial hygiene surveys, safety reviews, hazard identification and reduction, accident investigations, and analyzing injury/illness trends for implementation of corrective action.
- Managing site culture initiatives involving health and safety including injury prevention and risk management.
- Must obtain all essential motorized equipment certification.
- Provide maintenance on plant electrical, mechanical, HVAC, plumbing, and other systems. Support installation and repair of production equipment.
- Recommend and promote the use of safer work equipment, materials, and supplies
- Researches improved and compatible equipment that will standardize equipment types which eliminates the need for a wide variety of spare parts and vendors.
- Understanding all applicable waste laws and regulations applicable to the facility’s wastes
- Uses common hand tools, sets up, and operates a limited variety of machine tools, welding equipment, and lift vehicles.
- Working with site workgroups to evaluate opportunities for recycling, waste reduction, and new raw material to reduce existing impacts initiatives, issue resolution, and change management.
- Functional knowledge of OSHA general industry safety and health regulations and recordkeeping guidelines, including state and local regulation.
- Functional knowledge of EPA regulations and state and local environmental regulations.
- Demonstrated success in developing strategies and implementing processes to ensure the organization is compliant with internal and external EH&S requirements.
- Ability to work well in a team-based collaborative environment.
- Commercial Electrical, PLC Troubleshooting, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Mechanical, HVAC maintenance experience required, Forklift repair a plus.
- Intermediate skills in all other aspects of building maintenance are preferred: including welding, machining, and fabrication, industrial power circuits (including 480V 3-phase and AC/DC current), along experience using relevant testing equipment.
- Medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more.
Note: Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity.
- Travel Requirements: typically, less than 10%
Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or any other protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.