Elec/Millwright/Boiler Operator Job Highlights
|Location||Calgary, AB, Canada|
ADM unlocks the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. The company transforms natural products into a complete portfolio of ingredients and flavors for foods and beverages, supplements, nutrition for pets and livestock, and more. It is a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company.
The company is looking for an Elec/Millwright/Boiler Operator who will maintain all equipment to the required standards and provide support for preventive and failure-based maintenance as required by the plant needs.
Must be willing to take after-hours trouble calls and respond to the facility as needed.
This is an hourly union position.
- Applicants must have a high degree of mechanical competence supported by a journeyman ticket
- Possess at 2 years of experience as a journeyman
- Experience with coupling and coupling alignments, conveyors, safe rigging practices, hydraulics, cutting, grinding, and welding
- Must have a strong knowledge of all applicable OHSA standards, GMPs, HACCP, and other applicable food and feed safety standards
- Communicating well both in writing and verbally
- Demonstrating a strong team member attitude while being able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Documenting work, modifications to equipment, etc.
- Reading equipment drawings and documentation
- Recommending changes, modifications, or upgrades of equipment to improve machine reliability and performance
- Repairing, rebuilding, and maintaining equipment
- Troubleshooting mechanical failures
- Working within established safety standards and practices
- All other duties required
- Creativity in problem-solving is required
- The candidate must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within industrial maintenance
- The candidate is expected to initiate work based on general instructions from management
- Creativity in problem-solving is required, able to work under time constraints, and must be adaptable, dependable, and a self-starter
- Understands and is accountable for full compliance with safety and other EHS requirements
- Work in accordance with local/provincial legislation
- Prompt attendance
- Have the ability to climb stairs
- Lift 55 pounds
- Sit and stand for long periods
- Able to work in confined spaces
- Work with heights
- Bending and kneeling
- Must be able to work in a plant environment in a variety of environmental conditions including inside and outside, hot and cold temperatures, and dusty environments
- The company offers a complete benefits package, including retirement, health, life, vision, and dental insurance
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it values diversity in the workplace.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.