Website Lincoln Electric
Electrical Design Engineer Job Highlights
|Electrical Design Engineer
|Cleveland, OH, United States
Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting, and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex.
The company is looking for an Electrical Design Engineer who will be a part of the Commercial Power Sources Team to develop or improve new and existing products.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related field (required) – College/University
- 1-5+ years of experience in research or product development
- Experience in a manufacturing environment (preferred but not required)
- The selected candidate’s Job Level and Pay Grade will be determined based on qualifications and experience
- Activities include the design and testing of circuits, PCB layouts, and electromagnetic devices as required.
- Analyze product field failure specimens or production test failure specimens for root cause identification and corrective action.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the Company’s Future Strategy.
- Collaborate with team colleagues, R&D, Manufacturing, Production, Supply, Quality, and Service Departments to establish and achieve objectives.
- Coordinates the activities of technical support personnel.
- Creates value by supporting supply chain initiatives and creating designs with common parts.
- Develop test specifications for production use.
- Engage in Voice of Customer actions and evaluate market needs.
- Engage with global teams and suppliers to reduce overall costs.
- Engineer safe, high-quality, cost-effective, ergonomic, and environmentally responsible parts, subsystems, and complete machines.
- Establish and support corporate strategic-related projects; contribute to strategic planning.
- Interact with suppliers, customers, distributors, and sales engineers on an occasional basis.
- Perform and supervise the testing of new designs, processes, warranty improvements, and cost reductions.
- Revitalize and rationalize legacy products and improve their quality.
- Support sales, Marketing, Service, and customer issues as required.
- Work in R&D on the design, specification, and documentation of electrical components, assemblies, and complete arc welding/plasma cutting systems.
Level II: Has working knowledge and experience in own discipline. Performs a range of mainly straightforward assignments.
Level III: Has in-depth knowledge of own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines. May lead projects or project steps within a broader project or have accountability for ongoing activities or objectives. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Ability to perform hands-on work
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures to the completion of a variety of difficult assignments and changing priorities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
- The company offers competitive pay with a lucrative annual profit-sharing incentive, student loan repayment, tuition reimbursement, paid time off/paid holidays, retirement, medical, dental, vision, and much more.
Lincoln Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lincolnelectric.com.