Website Lamb Weston
Electrical Technician Job Highlights
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer, and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. The company has led the frozen potato industry in innovation, introducing inventive products. Lamb Weston products can be found in more than 100 countries around the world.
The company is looking to hire an Electrical Technician who will perform repairs and maintenance in plant or office facilities, or on machines and equipment.
Typically performs work in one or more of the maintenance trades: carpentry, plumbing, painting, machine and equipment repair, electrical, sheet metal fabrication, and welding.
Conducts routine, periodic, or special inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities, machinery, and equipment.
Uses hand and power tools. Tests, inspects, troubleshoots, and repairs machines and equipment.
- Applicants should have an Electrical License or Associate’s Degree from a college or technical school
- Possess 2 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience (preferred)
- Ability to assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatuses, and fixtures
- Acquires within 60 shifts of job assignment, ownership of the proper tools for the job. The list provided by the maintenance lead
- Close jobs/Complete job notes in SAP after the work order is finished
- Complete the Richland New Hire Training Module
- Demonstrates and complies with all Lockout/Tagout Policies and procedures
- Demonstrates proper housekeeping continuously to ensure safe and clean conditions in all areas of his/her responsibilities
- Demonstrates proper use of power tools (tool room provided). Use of drills, impacts, grinders, tachometers, calipers, Hilti drills, strobe light, and pipe threader, also including proper use of all hand tools required by provided list
- Electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures
- Identifies and explains potential hazards and safety procedures associated with the task being performed
- Must be certified and possess demonstrated ability to safely utilize a forklift and high lift
- Perform rigging activities, safety-related functions, and other miscellaneous electrical functions
- Must be self-motivated, goal-oriented, safety and environmentally conscious
- Must be willing to work overtime, any shift, and any or all days of the week to support the 24/7 operation
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents and the ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- This position must have a basic knowledge of electricity, general maintenance skills, and ability through supervised in-plant training, self-study, or approved formal training programs in the following areas: 1) basic electricity; 2) electronic controls; 3) general plant maintenance
- Problem Solving Skills
- Proficient at using Arc Flash safety equipment
- Good Mathematical skills
- Must be physically capable of performing work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair
- Family-Friendly Employee events
- Financial Wellness – Industry-leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Health Insurance Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Time Off
- Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
- Employee Assistance Program services – mental health and other concierge-type services
Lamb Weston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit lambweston.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.