Website J-W Power Company
Electrician Job Highlights
|Location||Kilgore, TX, United States|
|Company||J-W Power Company|
J-W Power Company specializes in sales, service, parts, and leasing of natural gas compression equipment. In addition, we manufacture highly engineered compression packages such as high-pressure injection and compressed natural gas (CNG) equipment for direct sale. Our field offices are located in all of the major oil & natural gas basins.
The company is seeking an Electrician to join its team.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Possess 4+ years of related experience (required)
- Electrician License (a plus)
- Attend monthly safety meetings and complete required safety training through web base training and safety training
- Daily tasks include installation of conduit, wiring, junction boxes, instruments, and associated electrical materials.
- Direct and train helpers/apprentices to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Inspect electrical systems to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustments or repairs to ensure code compliance.
- Maintain current electrician’s license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
- Maintain records and files and order supplies and equipment as needed.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition.
- May install coaxial or fiber optic cable for computers and other telecommunications equipment.
- Plan work to accommodate production schedules/business needs and submit work reports.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Responsible for performing material “take-offs” on various projects and reporting material usage.
- Some use of measurement, calibration, welding, soldering, and cutting tools is required in completing most daily tasks.
- Test, inspect, diagnose and repair malfunctioning systems, apparatuses, and components, using various testing equipment and hand tools.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions, respond to management direction; take responsibility for own actions; keep commitments; complete tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Demonstrated knowledge of design techniques, tools, uses, repair, maintenance, and the principles involved in the production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Proven ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; listen and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Proven analytical skills and logical thought processes, with the ability to recognize and identify a problem or when something may go wrong in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; resolve complex issues/problems.
- Manlift Certification or ability to obtain one
- A Valid Driver’s License
- The company offers a benefits package that includes paid time off, 401(k) plan and company match, medical, prescription, dental and vision, life and disability plans, along with flexible spending accounts, and additional benefit programs.
J-W Power Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.