Website West Fraser
Electrician I Job Highlights
|Location||Lanett, AL, United States|
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company. The company produces lumber, engineered wood (OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, particleboard), and other products including pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and renewable energy. West Fraser’s products are used in home construction, repair and remodeling, industrial applications, papers, tissue, and box materials.
The company is looking for an Electrician I who will plan and perform all maintenance and repair operations necessary to keep plant property, equipment, machinery, and tools in good operating condition; diagnose problems, and work in many varied and diversified capacities required in general care and maintenance, overhaul, and repair of plant equipment processes and facilities.
Periodically perform or assist others in routine to moderately complex repairs to electrical and electronic controls.
- The applicants should have a minimum High School Diploma or GED
- Possess 3 years or more of experience installing, troubleshooting, and repairing electrical equipment
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with fabrication, cutting with a torch, and welding with an arc welder
- Experience with PLC logic and troubleshooting
- Diagnose causes of malfunctions by sight, sound, or actions of machinery and equipment.
- Inspect, adjust, clean, or lubricate equipment as preventive maintenance. Tear down, replace, repair, install, and assemble equipment, parts, components, and accessories.
- Operate various mechanical and electronic test equipment.
- Specific knowledge of pumps, conveyor systems, motors, and drives is required in the performance of regular or assigned duties.
- Start, observe, operate, or otherwise inactivate equipment to detect or verify correct functions.
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment and completing all required training.
- Work involves a complete range and wide variety of duties involving diversified and difficult work using technical electronic diagnostics, computer equipment, and a variety of precision instruments; requiring much care to effectively and efficiently diagnose, dismantle, repair, and lubricate, reassemble or otherwise work on general maintenance.
- Work rotating shifts, holidays, weekends, and overtime as scheduled or required.
- Ability to work as part of a team and deliver value to the team
- Consistent, predictable attendance
- Eligible to legally work in the United States
- Willing and able to work a 12-hour rotating schedule which will include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Willing and able to work on an emergency call-in basis as required
- Willingness and ability to cross-train to learn new jobs and skills
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing electrical systems and reading electrical schematics preferred
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) preferred
- 401k with company match
- A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- Benefits starting Day 1
- Competitive starting pay
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- On-the-job training
- Paid vacations and holidays
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company strives to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities. It will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin, or any other protected legal characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.