Website Stanley Black & Decker
Electro-Mechanical Assembler Job Highlights
|Location||Elyria, OH, United States|
|Company||Stanley Black & Decker|
Stanley Black & Decker is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, and related accessories, mechanical access, and electronic security solutions, healthcare solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
The company is hiring an Electro-Mechanical Assembler who will assemble electrical and mechanical components in the production of welding units, accessories, and related equipment as instructed by the supervisor.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience in the field of electromechanical assembly, familiar with low and high voltage equipment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience with drill presses, band saws, soldering equipment, hydraulic and manual crimpers, hand tools and power tools (preferred)
- Prior experience with multimeters, oscilloscopes, and calipers.
- Assemble and fabricate electrical and mechanical components in the production of welding units, accessories, and related equipment.
- Follow verbal instructions and production procedures.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and well-organized workspace. Follow all health and safety regulations.
- May be required to assist in the repair of welding units, accessories, and related equipment.
- Operate all equipment necessary to assemble welding units, accessories, and related equipment, which include but are not limited to the following; drill presses, band saws, soldering equipment, hydraulic and manual crimpers, hand tools, and power tools.
- Operate material handling equipment such as industrial lift trucks, overhead cranes, dollies, handcarts, etc.
- Read and follow detailed schematics, blueprints, or written instructions that illustrate how to assemble welding units, accessories, and related equipment components and final assemblies.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Set up stud welding systems and perform functional welding tests. Must be able to distinguish good quality stud welds from poor quality welds. Document the results of all inspections and tests performed.
- Use multimeters, oscilloscopes, calipers, and other testing equipment to inspect and test welding units, accessories, and related equipment to ensure quality production.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment requiring the employee to stand and walk for a majority of an 8 to 10-hour day
- Bend, and lift products, equipment, and tools up to 50 pounds throughout the day
- Push or pull product up to 200 pounds
- Use hand tools up to 20 pounds over extended periods of time
- The benefits plan includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, retirement benefits, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays/personal days, and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products as well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners.
Stanley Black & Decker is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit sbdinc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.