Electro Mechanical Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Ipswich, England, UK|
Sulzer is a global leader in fluid engineering. The company specializes in pumping, agitation, mixing, separation, and purification technologies for fluids of all types.
The company is seeking an Electro-Mechanical Engineer with an electrical and mechanical background in engineering and taking the business to the next level.
Repair and refurbish all types of rotating equipment, repair and testing of motors and the repairs pumps, as well as the mechanical services of balancing, stoving and burnouts, lathing, slotting, boring, pressing, welding, and spraying
- Applicants should have a recognized Electrical/Mechanical engineering apprenticeship
- Possess previous demonstrable experience in overhaul and repair of all types of electric motors including; LV, HV, D.C., Ex. Along with other rotating equipment such as pumps and gearboxes
- Knowledge and experience in the principles of quality assurance, quality control, and health and safety legislation
- Contribute to on-site maintenance, on-site machining, laser alignment, mechanical handling, and machinery or plant relocation
- Identify any changes through condition monitoring including vibration analysis
- Overhaul of all mechanical equipment including pumps, gearboxes, and white metal bearings
- Overhaul of all types and manufacturers of Low and High Voltage AC motors and generators
- Provide mechanical engineering and general machining services including machining, welding, and dynamic balancing
- Service, maintain, and repair all types and manufacturers of DC motors and generators
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings
- Advanced electrical and mechanical aptitude
- Flexibility and ability to adapt
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements
- Strong engineering background in a similar environment
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) + service days
- Access to a wide range of discounts on Everyday Shopping, Entertainment, and Lifestyle
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Eligible for the company-wide bonus scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long service awards
- On-site car parking
Sulzer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.sulzer.com.