Electro Mechanical Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Dyce, Scotland, UK|
Sulzer is a global leader in fluid engineering. The company specializes in pumping, agitation, mixing, separation, and purification technologies for fluids of all types.
The company is recruiting an Electro-Mechanical Technician who has an eye for detail with electrical, mechanical, or experience within marine engineering and helps to take the business to the next level.
Note: This role could be suitable for an experienced mechanical technician, or marine engineer looking to strengthen and broaden their skills
- Applicants should have a recognized Electrical/Mechanical engineering apprenticeship
- Possess previous demonstrable experience in overhaul and repair of all types of electric motors including LV, HV, D.C., Ex. along with other rotating equipment such as pumps and gearboxes
- Contribute to on-site maintenance, on-site machining, laser alignment, mechanical handling, and machinery or plant relocation
- Identify any changes through condition monitoring including vibration analysis
- Overhaul of all mechanical equipment including pumps, gearboxes, and white metal bearings
- Overhaul of all types and manufacturers of Low and High Voltage AC motors and generators
- Provide mechanical engineering and general machining services including machining, welding, and dynamic balancing
- Service, maintain, and repair all types and manufacturers of DC motors and generators
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings
- Advanced electrical and mechanical aptitude
- Flexibility and ability to adapt
- Knowledge and experience in the principles of quality assurance, quality control, and health and safety legislation
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements
- Strong engineering background in a similar environment
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) + service days
- Access to a wide range of discounts on Everyday Shopping, Entertainment, and Lifestyle
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Eligible for the company-wide bonus scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long service awards
- On-site car parking
Sulzer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.sulzer.com.