Electromechanical Repair Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Electromechanical Repair Technician|
|Type||Full Time (First Shift)|
|Location||Appleton, WI, United States|
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading supplier of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, hard goods/related products, safety products, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
The company is searching for an Electromechanical Repair Technician who will be responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting/repairing electrical, mechanical, and control functionality of welding equipment for Airgas and Airgas’s customers.
This position will repair engine drives, inverters, transformers, and automation equipment. The position is required to maintain an inventory of parts and supplies and maintain all required documentation including tracking of all work hours for appropriate customer billing.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent
- The candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of prior related electrical and or electronics repair experience.
- Prior experience using SAP (preferred)
- Communicates routinely with the manager on the job status, daily activities, and condition of the equipment.
- Communicates with vendors, customers, sales staff, store managers, or others, providing information on repair times, ordering of parts and supplies, etc.
- Completes all service orders in a timely fashion.
- Maintains database of and schedule of all calibration and preventative maintenance on Airgas and Airgas’s customer equipment.
- Maintains the inventory of parts in the Airgas facility.
- Troubleshoot and make necessary repairs, perform routine/preventative maintenance, and perform calibration on all types of Airgas equipment and products. May travel to customer sites to perform repairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have general mechanical aptitude.
- Intermediate knowledge of Google suite applications and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Frequent local travel (85% of work time). Must be willing to be away from home for customer service calls and certification schools approximately 10% of the time (estimate 2 days per month)
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position’s responsibilities.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet customer needs and management expectations.
- Must have reliable, appropriate transportation and a valid US driver’s license.
- Regularly required to move up to 60 pounds and transport up to 800 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit airgas.taleo.net.