Website GKN Aerospace
Electron Beam Welder (Certified) Job Highlights
|Title||Electron Beam Welder (Certified)|
|Type||Full Time (1st shift)|
|Location||El Cajon, CA, United States|
GKN Aerospace is a multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier and manufactures aircraft. The company provides lightweight aerostructures, smart engine and wiring systems, landing gear, and transparencies.
The company is hiring an Electron Beam Certified Welder with a specialization in EB (Electron Beam) welding on all types of metal including titanium, nickel alloy, and aluminum.
May also clean, tack and weld production hardware using both auto and manual EB (Electron Beam) welding techniques on a variety of metals.
Acts as mentor for junior Welders.
May work with engineering to resolve problems and develop new processes or procedures.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to achieve AWS certification (AWS D17.1) on all materials to be welded after completion of training.
- Possess 3+ years of experience in EB (Electron Beam welding) OR in lieu of experience, successful completion of welding certification/education for EB (Electron Beam).
- Assists in the development and maintenance of a business culture, which supports the Company’s overall business objectives and goals, by providing leadership in issues that involve “cost, quality, process, schedule, and people”.
- Checks all work to assure that quality standards are maintained and have adhered to all specifications and procedures involving company and customer practices.
- Cleans, grinds and performs inspection as required to insure conformance to specifications.
- Ensures the company’s commitment to maintaining a safe workplace and protecting the environment through the establishment and support of Company policy and adherence to various government regulations.
- Fully complies with the “GKN Aerospace, Inc. Policy Statement on Contracting with the United States Government” in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government. Ensure subordinate staff is aware of the policy and their individual responsibility and accountability for complying with it.
- Helps in the design stage as required on projects.
- Maintains a clean work environment (including assigned storage and cleaning duties) in full compliance with company standards, and customer and government regulations.
- Mentors/provides guidance assistance and training to junior Welders.
- Performs daily preventative maintenance of equipment in adherence to a predefined schedule.
- Performs EB (Electron Beam) welding on all types of metals including steel, aluminum, stainless steel, and titanium.
- Performs EB (Electron Beam) welding on titanium and aluminum jet engine components.
- Performs other duties, tasks, and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English
- US citizenship per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements
- Basic Math skills
- GKN Experience
- Knowledge and experience in troubleshooting safety, quality and technical issues with co-workers, quality and engineering functions
- Must be willing to work in a repetitive production environment with concern for meeting cost, quality, and schedule requirements
- The ability to work as a team player as well as independently is required
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English instructions
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Manual dexterity
- Withstand the loud noise of a machine shop environment
GKN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company ensures that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit joinus.gknaerospace.com.