Electron Beam Welder Job Highlights
|Title||Electron Beam Welder|
|Location||Hawthorne, CA, United States|
SpaceX manufactures, designs, and launches the world’s most advanced rockets and spacecraft. It aims to revolutionize space transportation, with the ultimate goal of making life multi-planetary. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The company is looking for an Electron Beam Welder to join its team actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- The prospective candidates should have a High School Diploma or Equivalency Certificate.
- The candidates should have 2+ years of experience in electron beam welding.
- Experience in G-code programming and weld schedule development.
- Develop, maintain and evaluate weld schedules.
- EB welding on several types of metal including titanium, stainless steel, copper, C103, and Inconel.
- General machine maintenance and test.
- Operate CNC-controlled electron-beam (EB) welding machines including part set-up.
- Both high and low voltage machines experience
- Experience with both manual and robotic welding applications
- Knowledge of AWS D17.1 desired
- TIG welding experience
- Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted and be agile enough to physically set up and tear down components.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours minimum
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces.
- Nominal hours – 1st shift: 5 AM – 1:30 PM, 2nd shift: 3:30 PM – 12 AM.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, an applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and the employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.