Engineer 3 Job Highlights
|Location||Marseilles, IL, United States|
Exelon is a leading competitive energy provider and one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases. The company is a part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery.
The company is searching for an Engineer 3 who will perform advanced technical/engineering problem-solving in support of nuclear plant operations.
The applicants should have a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from a college or university or a Licensed Professional Engineer and 5+ years of engineering experience.
- 5 or more years of solid performance with the last two in the top half of Engineer 2 band
- Demonstration of FLS competencies
- Advanced technical degree or related coursework
- Professional Engineer Registration
- Accountable for the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of work ensuring proper configuration management, and assuring that standard design criterion, practices, procedures, and codes are used in the preparation of plans and specifications. (5%)
- Perform engineering tasks as assigned by supervision applying engineering principles. (5%)
- Perform independent research, reviews, studies, and analyses in support of technical projects and programs. (5%)
- Provide complete task management of engineering issues. (5%)
- Provide in-depth technical expertise to develop, manage and implement engineering analysis, activities, and programs. (5%)
- Provide technical expertise and consultation through direct involvement to identify and resolve equipment and system problems. (5%)
- Recommend equipment, new concepts, and techniques to improve performance, simplify construction, reduce costs, correct design or material flaws, or comply with changes in codes or regulations. (5%)
- Department Specific Roles/Responsibilities
- Design Engineering – Defend the plant design and licensing basis. Preparation and approval of design outputs and plant changes in accordance with approved processes and design requirements. Support installation and testing of plant systems and components and facility changes. Ensure the plant’s physical and functional characteristics are accurately reflected in the plant documents. Perform engineering analysis to support plant changes.
- Dry Cask Storage – Subject matter expert on the design bases of dry cask storage (DCS) systems. Applies fleet configuration control processes to DCS activities. Prepares/reviews documents required by 10CFR72 regulations. Supports common resolutions to fleet DCS issues and develops resolutions for plant-specific issues. Participates in oversight/audits of vendor engineering and fabrication activities.
- EIS Metallurgical and Shop Support Engineer – Perform failure analysis and root cause analysis to identify the cause of component failure and document findings in the technical report. Characterize material composition and mechanical properties to identify materials. Create welding documentation and technical procedures in accordance with established procedures, processes, standards, and regulatory requirements. Oversees, supports, and leads technical aspects of various shop overhaul work.
- Engineering Services – Support development of engineering budgets, business planning, and projects. Support configuration control of engineering records (calculations, design changes). Support engineering programs and functions. Support engineering department scheduling, equipment databases, and corrective action program.
- NOAD – Analyze issues involved with corrective and predictive maintenance on process computer and control systems, implement improvements as required. Analyze issues involved with corrective and predictive maintenance on protective relays and associated circuits. Implement improvements as required. Analyze issues involved with corrective and predictive maintenance on power instruments, implement improvements as required. Analyze issues involved with corrective and predictive maintenance on exciters and voltage regulator equipment, implement improvements as required. Perform Electrical Construction testing for modifications and new installations of electrical equipment and associated circuits. Provide technical expertise on troubleshooting electrical equipment. Provide technical expertise on maintaining, improving, and troubleshooting generators, voltage regulators, and motors.
- Plant Engineering – Support development of complex troubleshooting plans in support of plant operations. Monitor, assess, and improve the performance and reliability of plant systems and components. Utilize system indicators to monitor equipment performance or degradation. Identify and pursue material condition improvements, including predictive and performance-centered maintenance optimization. Support engineering functions.
- Possesses specialty skills and performs advanced tasks independently with minimal supervisory review. Performs engineering tasks independently and actively imparts knowledge to others. Higher level of accountability than an Engineer 2B. Must be able to manage and implement engineering analysis and technical programs. Has wide latitude to make technical decisions within accountabilities.
- Programs Engineering – Monitor, enhance, and implement technical programs. Identify, schedule, and oversee code and regulatory inspections per technical program requirements. Support field execution of programmatic inspections. Prepare required analysis and program documents to support inspection scopes.
- Safety Analysis Support – Maintains an appropriate level of knowledge of safety analyses and methodologies. Provides interface function between corporate Engineering Safety Analysis and the site. Reviews design and licensing basis documents to support plant changes. Performs tasks that support Engineering Safety Analysis areas of responsibility, including the development of fuel, reload, and safety analysis input parameter listings.
- Responsible for technical decisions.
- Possesses excellent knowledge in functional discipline and its practical application and has detailed knowledge of applicable industry codes and regulations.
- The company offers a competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Exelon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.exeloncorp.com.