Engineer II Job Highlights
|Location||Dayton, OH, United States|
Hendrickson manufactures and supplies medium and heavy-duty mechanical, elastomeric, and air suspensions; auxiliary lift axle systems; parabolic and multi-leaf springs; tire pressure control systems; integrated and non-integrated axle and brake systems; stabilizers; bumpers; and components to the global commercial transportation industry.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical area from a college or university; (ME Degree is preferred).
- The candidates should have 5 to 8 years of professional experience in manufacturing engineering.
- Assure that all applicable quality standards are met in the introduction of Trailer products.
- Continual improvement of process and product quality. Improve methods and reduce costs. Ensure that the tools and fixtures required to support our processes area are available in good working condition.
- Introduce new parts and processes to support developing products.
- Manage various projects that support product development. Coordinate the installation of new production processes in the facility required to produce the trailer products.
- Experience in PLC programming is a strong positive.
- Experience in procurement of manufacturing systems and equipment relative to metalworking is a strong positive.
- Experience in writing and managing capital expenditures is a strong positive.
- Hands-on experience in tooling, fixturing, and methods is required.
- Hands-on experience with CAD and CAM technology is required.
- Production experience is a strong positive.
- Should be customer-focused.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and suppliers is required.
- Knowledge of electric and pneumatic industrial power tools is required.
- Should demonstrate excellent problem solving, decision-making, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Carry up to 50 lbs. approximately 5 feet
- Constant standing, walking, reaching, and balancing
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Minimal sitting and crawling
- Occasional bending, squatting, kneeling, and climbing
- Push/Pull 20-40 lbs. of force 40 feet
- Consensual – Valuing the ideas and opinions of others and collecting their input as part of your decision-making process.
- Cooperation – Accommodating the needs and interests of others by being willing to defer performance on your own objectives in order to assist colleagues with theirs
- Facilitating Groups – Enables cooperative and productive group interactions.
- Feedback – Letting others know in a straightforward manner what you think of them, how well they have performed, and if they have met your needs and expectations
- Influencing Others – Gets others excited about and committed to furthering the organization’s objectives.
- Innovative – Feeling comfortable in fast-changing environments; being willing to take risks and to consider new and untested approaches
- Interviewing Others – Asks questions in ways that enhance the clarity, quality, and reliability of the information.
- Production – Adopting a strong orientation toward achievement, holding high expectations for yourself and others, pushing yourself and others to achieve at high levels
- Tactical – Emphasizing the production of immediate results by focusing on short-range, hands-on, practical strategies
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit hendrickson.referrals.selectminds.com.