Website Stanley Black & Decker
Engineer (Plastics Process Technology) Job Highlights
|Title||Engineer – Plastics Process Technology|
|Location||Huntersville, NC, United States|
|Company||Stanley Black & Decker|
Stanley Black & Decker is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, and related accessories, mechanical access and electronic security solutions, healthcare solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
The company is searching for a Materials/Plastic Technologist who will be a go-to lead for resin material and technology-specific innovation supporting a variety of projects and categories.
Candidates will be tasked with exploring advanced materials, technology, and processes—determining the best fit—and finding a way to bring them to life in prototype, proof-of-concept form.
You will be responsible for providing the estimated product cost and investment needed to implement the new material/technology and supporting the applicable business unit through ongoing consultation once transferred.
- The applicants should have a minimum of B.S. Degree in Materials Engineering, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or other Materials related discipline from a college or university.
- The candidates should have 5+ years in product development and materials selection support from concept to production.
- Identify and implement materials, technologies, and processes to meet product performance, project cost, and schedule objectives
- Identify cutting edge tooling and processes to improve product and/or business results
- Identify the right development and supply partner(s) for the materials and estimate development costs
- Investigate failure modes, procure prototypes, perform sampling, product testing, and documentation including the writing of product performance specifications and test plans
- Keep up-to-date with new material technologies and trends in different industries that may be applicable including, but not limited to, 3D printing, advanced coatings, etc.
- Manage all assigned projects through all phases of development from concept to project transfer
- Participate in end-user research to understand end-user frustrations and hear feedback on field tests
- Position involves close coordination with product engineering, manufacturing, product management, industrial design, customer base, suppliers, and procurement
- Prepare models, costs, technical data, product documentation, and/or initiate requests for model making and testing services
- Work with legal team to apply for patent clearance search and patent protection when possible
- The position may require 20% travel to worldwide locations to visit Stanley Black & Decker manufacturing plants, implement production of products, and locate new, potential suppliers and/or manufacturing locations.
- Ability to work in a global, multi-functional team environment
- Ability to work on and coordinate multiple, global projects
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Expert in Resin Materials, Manufacturing processes, and Assembly.
- Familiarity with financial models to estimate cost impact and investment plans for the new materials
- Familiarity with laboratory techniques and practices
- Possess well-developed interpersonal, communication, and project management skills
- Proficiency with MS Office software, including MS Project and Excel
- Self-motived, hands-on individual with a high degree of creativity and initiative with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Solid analytical skills and strong attention to detail are required
- Strong interpersonal communications skills; both written and verbal
- Think creatively to develop ideas that can be protected by patents
- Understanding of manufacturing processes including grinding, stamping, welding, heat treat, plating, injection molding, forging, casting, coating, painting, powder coating, pultrusion, extrusion,
- Working knowledge of properties and general applications of materials such as steel, metals, polymers, composites, coatings
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or any other protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.