Engineering Manager Job Highlights
|Function||Engineering and IT|
|Location||Oxford, AL, United States|
Wencor Group offers PMA design and development, CMM and DER repairs, and an extensive network of distribution solutions to help make flights safer and more cost-effective. The company supports many commercial airlines, repair stations, and OEMs.
The company is looking for an Engineering Manager accountable for all ACI Engineering Services activities.
Applicants will manage the development, design, and production of repair and process documentation in support of Aerospace Coatings International (ACI) piece parts repair activities and their ability to produce quality, safe and timely products.
They will establish guidelines and procedures regarding technical documentation using established procedures and sound technical reasoning to repair a myriad of aircraft systems piece parts.
- The applicants should have a 4 years Accredited Engineering Degree (AE, ME, or equivalent) from a college or university.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of experience with aerospace systems or equivalent is desired in particular with piece parts repair in the area of but not limited to pneumatic, hydraulic, and landing gear components.
- Accountable manager for all technical inquiries regarding developed repairs by the regulatory body and internal and external customers.
- Enhance customer satisfaction
- Establish sound practice for the control and distribution of engineering documents.
- Establish, implement, and monitor metrics for the department
- Fosters strong working relationship with other ACI workgroups and customers
- Have knowledge and understanding of Appendix A. Safety Procedures.
- Integrate ACI’s quality management system requirements into the department’s processes
- Manage the engineering support of company repair development activity for customer aircraft system piece parts.
- Promote improvement within the department and throughout the organization
- Promote product and aviation safety
- Promote the use of the process approach and risk-based thinking within the department and throughout the organization
- Promote the Wencor Core Values within the department and throughout the organization
- Provide technical guidance and oversight for the development of engineering analysis, substantiation, and documentation using sound engineering principles to satisfy regulatory and continued airworthiness requirements.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and management of engineering services projects.
- Responsible for the establishment of compliant engineering services processes and procedures.
- Responsible for the management of day-to-day as well as direction and fore-planning of engineering services activities.
- Responsible for the management of engineers assigned.
- Support other relevant management roles to demonstrate their leadership as it applies to their areas of responsibility
- Teach, coach, mentor, and develop staff/employees (in their department)
- All other duties as specified by the company.
- A competent user of Autocad, SolidWorks, or equivalent computer-aided design tool is desired.
- Knowledge and understanding of metallurgy are desirable
- A proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite particularly Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of but not limited to plating, thermal spray, NDT, machining/grinding, shot-peening, and welding processes.
- Knowledge of Finite Element Analysis is desirable.
- Knowledgeable in applying stress analysis and/or mechanics of materials to practical applications.
- Must possess clear written and oral technical communication skills.
- Preferred to possess familiarity with 14 CFR and DOT regulations governing transport aircraft certification and operation.
- Proficiency in technical drawing reading and interpretation as well as generation.
- The company offers medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, 401k, vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
Wencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit aerospacecoatings.applicantpro.com.