Website Ford Motor Company
Engineering Specialist – Controls Job Highlights
|Title||Engineering Specialist – Controls|
|Location||Livonia, MI, United States|
|Company||Ford Motor Company|
Ford Motor Company is a global company with shared ideals and a deep sense of family. It creates transportation solutions built to improve people’s lives. The innovative products, accessories, experiences, and services are designed and produced across six continents.
The company is seeking an Engineering Specialist who will provide key expertise to our outstanding automated manufacturing capabilities.
Applicants will utilize and leverage Vis Plant monitoring software to review cycle times of automation, as well as review and follow up on automation projects and installations.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 3 years or more of Controls Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 8D, FMEA, and DMAIC
- Independently tackle all body equipment and continuously evaluate equipment for improvement in quality and delivery
- Independently troubleshoot all equipment and continuously evaluate equipment for improvement for quality and delivery
- Program new installations of automation, machinery, material handling, and robots
- Read and modify electrical prints and schematics, Auto CAD
- Reprogram equipment for engineering changes and improvements
- Review risk assessments as part of a team evaluating equipment safety.
- Troubleshoot machinery, robot, automation, and controls issues and downtime
- Update program backups for machinery and automation
- Use FIS plant monitoring software to review cycle times of equipment, review and follow-up project installations.
- While a shift will be assigned, be able to work in a rotating shift environment
- Works with ABB robot
- Works with PLC/CNC – Siemens
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is preferred
- 3 years or more experience with PLC logic, controls, Siemens, and Modicon programming
- 8D and 5Why corrective action and problem-solving skills
- Electrical background (electrician or technician) preferred
- Exposure to simulation modeling
- Familiarity with VFD, Servo, Profinet
- Fanuc/ABB robots and RS Logics experience
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma experience
- Lean Tools – 5S, Kanban, Poka-Yoke, Value Stream Mapping experience
- MEA, PPAP, and DOE experience
- Prior tenure in a welding environment
- Prior use/programming experience with Allen Bradley Panel View, AB Servo, and AB VFD drives
- TQM and Kaizen methods experience
- Visual Factory Management experience
- Ability to read blueprints
- Demonstrated understanding of PLC logic and controls (NextGen)
- Familiarity with VFD’s, Armor starts, encoders, network/Ethernet controls
- Proven leadership experience that includes outstanding interpersonal, teambuilding, and communication skills.
- Validated knowledge of vision systems
- Generous PTO Plan
- Incentive compensation
- Professional/personal growth opportunities
- Retirement plan
- Savings and stock investment plan
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.