Website Ford Motor Company
Engineering Specialist, Weld (Body Shop) Job Highlights
|Title||Engineering Specialist, Weld (Body Shop)|
|Location||Chicago, IL, United States|
|Company||Ford Motor Company|
Ford Motor Company is a global company with shared ideals and a deep sense of family. It creates transportation solutions built to improve people’s lives. The innovative products, accessories, experiences, and services are designed and produced across six continents.
The company is looking for an individual to join its manufacturing team. The position will help to build the world-class, state-of-the-art smart vehicles the world expects.
- The applicants should have passed a Bachelor’s Degree in Weld Engineering from a college/university.
- Associate’s Degree in Weld Engineering with three or more years of welding and joining experience in a manufacturing environment
- The candidates should have previous work experience in the manufacturing environment.
- One or more years of experience with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Ability to work any shift, as well as rotating shifts and weekends.
- Apply engineering principles and analytical techniques to establish and continuously improve manufacturing processes and products.
- Apply knowledge of welding processes, procedures, equipment, and evaluation techniques to deliver weld quality objectives.
- Assess joining feasibility through Global Product Development System milestones.
- Develop weld control plans and enforce requirements.
- Identify sources of variation within a production environment effectively and efficiently.
- Implement interim and permanent corrective actions to resolve quality issues using 8D tool, 6-panel, etc.
- Implement weld certification strategy during launch and product or process change events.
- Lead weld inspection team.
- Review incoming quality concerns to maintain quality within Body Area and initiate containment as vital, resolving root cause and implementing corrective actions.
- Support expedited concern resolution with multi-functional teams including the Quality Dept, Production, and Suppliers.
- Outstanding interpersonal and team-building skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Previous automotive, welding engineering, and quality analysis experience
- Previous experience within a high-volume production facility
- Six Sigma Green/Black Belt certification
- Generous PTO Plan
- Incentive compensation
- Professional/personal growth opportunities
- Retirement plan
- Savings and stock investment plan
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.