Website Ford Motor Company
Engineering Specialist (Weld) Job Highlights
|Title||Engineering Specialist – Weld|
|Location||Dearborn, MI, United States|
|Company||Ford Motor Company|
Ford Motor Company is a global company with shared ideals and a deep sense of family. It creates transportation solutions built to improve people’s lives. The innovative products, accessories, experiences, and services are designed and produced across six continents.
The company is looking for an Engineering Specialist (Welding) who will help build the world-class, state-of-the-art smart vehicles the world expects.
The applicants should be diligent, determined performers who think creatively to help us find better and more efficient ways to manufacture our vehicles.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a university or college.
- Associate’s Degree along with work experience
- The candidates should have 5 or more years of Automation Experience
- Demonstrated experience in automotive, engineering, and quality analysis
- Experience managing a unionized workforce
- Experience with Rockwell Allen Bradley PLC5 and Control Logix software. Coordinate the automation team for current and future actions.
- Previous experience as a Production Supervisor
- Apply engineering principles & analytical techniques to establish and continuously improve manufacturing processes and products.
- Apply knowledge of joining technology; equipment controllers; and gun design and evaluation techniques.
- Connect with other Ford Body Shops and Global Body Engineering to implement best practices where appropriate.
- Demonstrate ability to execute measurement systems analysis & variable data analysis.
- Demonstrate knowledge of X-section
- Demonstrate understanding of Aluminum Laser Welding
- Develop and manage joining techniques, materials, and technologies.
- Display knowledge of Weber FDS and Henrob SPR System
- Ensure PMs are accurate and/or modified for the current DTP environment and schedule to prevent breakdowns based on historical data.
- Ensure PMs are completed in a timely manner.
- Establish processes to ensure equipment is operating to current specifications.
- Identify sources of variation within a production environment effectively and efficiently.
- Implement and verify processes and procedures.
- Implement control plans and requirements.
- Implement interim and permanent corrective actions to resolve quality issues using 8D tool, 6 panels, etc.
- Implement the certification strategy.
- Independently troubleshoot all Body automation equipment and continuously evaluate equipment for quality and delivery improvements.
- Manage and direct statistical process control activities.
- Review incoming quality concerns to maintain quality with the assigned area; must have experience with initiating containment, determining root cause, and implementing corrective actions.
- Supervise Hourly Inspection Employees.
- Support expedited concern resolution with cross-functional teams including the Quality Department, Production, and Suppliers.
- Understand schedule development.
- Work in a rotating shift environment.
- 1 or more years of Microsoft Office experience (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Generous PTO Plan
- Incentive compensation
- Professional/personal growth opportunities and recognition
- Retirement plan
- Savings and stock investment plan
- Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.